Pear & Maple Crumble
After a short hiatus, I'm back to blog today. My reason was not because of the school holiday break, but month end closing. It has been my work routine and now a days with the new management tonnes of responsibility to take care and probably more in the future. Now I realised baking has been part of my passion. Whenever I bake, the result always make me feel happy tentatively forgot about my work and stress. So, I'm not gonna miss this Bake Along #26 baking Pear Maple Crumble event. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit with some of my own modification.
Look at those pears I got from Tesco. Are they Anjou's? I'm not sure about that but these pears are so fragrant, sweet and crunchy with slightly soft texture.Topping:
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of walnut+hazelnut+almond (coarsely chop and toasted)
2/3cup brown sugar
½ cup chilled butter (cut into cube)
Method:I used my fingers to rub in the flour, sugar and butter together. Small moist clumps of butter will form and I pour in the nuts and mix well. Then, I transfer the topping to the freezer (I can't wait too long, so I try to shorten the period. Originally rest in the fridge for 1 hour) while I working on the pear filling.
Pear Filling
3 ½ pound firm but ripe Anjou or any pears (cut into 1/2inch pieces)
2/3 pure maple syrup
1/2cup raisins
2tbsp all purpose flour
2tbsp fresh lemon juice
1tbsp finely chopped crystallised ginger
Method:Preheat to 350°F. Toss all ingredients together. Let stand for 15min. Transfer pear to a baking tray. Sprinkle topping over the pears. Bake till tender, juicy bubble thickly and the topping is golden brown for about 30-35minutes. Stand for 10minutes and serve.
The recipe is a lot but I never reduce it, scared my calculation went wrong somewhere. At least I have more to share with my colleagues during lunch hour as a dessert. No reservation, first come first served. LoL
This is the result after bake. Nice and golden topping after bake. My whole house can smell the fragrant.
The cook pear is still firm and moist. Can slightly tasted the spice from the crystallised ginger. The best part is the crunchy topping with mixed nuts.
These days the weather is so so hot and I guess this pear and maple crumble serves best with ice cream is the best match maker. Here submitting this to Bake Along event hosted by Lena, Zoe and Joyce. I hope I'm not the last one to submit. Do drop by to their humble blog and see more of our members bake along with us.


Makes a good healthy dessert!
ReplyDeleteReally? maple syrup, brown sugar and I guess it is a good healthy dessert.
DeleteYour crumble looks delicious! It seems that everyone loves the topping the most! I use three different pears, and you use three different nuts! I think we should combine these in one crumbles! hehe!
ReplyDeleteThank you for baking along with us, Angeline! Have a lovely week, don't overwork with work! Relax and start baking again! :)
Ya, thanks for your concern...I will and hope to see more bakings from me...
DeleteI love your idea of eating a BIG scoop of ice cream with your super-nutty crumble. Yum!
ReplyDeleteAfter tasting it, I bet vanilla ice cream is the best match maker...
Deletenice one, angeline! i'm sure now all your colleagues are looking forward to your bakes and me too enjoyed eating the toppings a lot! I am just looking at the pictures of all the crumbles above at the linky and can see how each and evryone's crumbles look different using the same recipe with some tweaks here and there and using some variations, that's great sharing!
ReplyDeleteYeah, great sharing of ideas...
DeleteMmmm....yummylicious. I guess now your blog has turned into a foodie blog...heheheh.
ReplyDeleteYa lor....
DeleteThis dessert is good for hot days :) Sweet and cooling.
ReplyDeleteYou are getting more expert in baking, Angeline~
Thanks and there are still more to learn about baking.
DeleteI'm salivating just looking at the pictures.. Why lah you torture us like this? :P
ReplyDeleteWakaka...sorry ya I didn't mean it.
DeleteAngeline, it looks most delicious! Good idea to keep the skin of the pears on for more fiber :)
ReplyDeleteMich - Yes, these pears are expensive, so I think it is good to eat with the skin and not to waste.
DeleteOMG the last click with a huge dollop of ice cream made me weak i the knees. I want this RIGHT NOW :D
ReplyDeleteThese days are quite hot...good to think of ice cream...
DeleteVery yummy dessert, yeah love it serve with ice-cream.
ReplyDeleteHmm healthy too.
DeleteEverytime you bake the outcome sure very good. It looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mummy Gwen, i guess it bakes with heart.
DeleteYummyyy....you are really good at baking! Must ask you to be my sifu!
ReplyDeleteKitty dun mention like this...I can't be a good baker yet...I'm still at the beginning level.It is not my recipe and just follow the steps.You should say all the recipes here are workable. I'm sure everyone can bake and so can you!
DeleteYou are a good baker.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mery *I'm Blushed*
DeleteHmmm...looks nice. I love apple crumble...with ice cream. Maybe I can try this sometime - must bookmark this page. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck
DeleteWelcome back. No wonder didnt see you around. :p Your bake is very yummy.
ReplyDeleteYes, Rose, will hop your blog more freqently..
DeleteWah another successful attempt!
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for the concern ya, i wish i can really squeeze some times soon to meet you ladies!
Mei, you are always welcome. Don't worry...take care yourself k
DeleteYummm..with top up with ice cream make perfect dessert
ReplyDeleteyes Ling
DeleteHi Angeline! Your crumble looks so amazing with such a tall mount of ice cream! I just remade them again today, I'm going to eat them with ice cream now! ;)
ReplyDeleteJasline how is it taste like with ice cream? Yummy delicious right, just feel like having more and more.
Deletei love ur last pic, so inviting! :)
ReplyDeleteCos of the ice cream right?
Delete