MFF KEDAH~PERLIS - APAM PERLIS (RESUBMIT)
Back to the originality.....
I have to resubmit the MFF Kedah~Perlis entry. Straight to the point, I need to cook the custard filling in order to remain the authentic of Apam Perlis for the submission. Well no harm, it is good to make this again and practice always makes perfect.
Let see what are the ingredients needed to make Apam Perlis (adapted from Wendy)Batter:
150gm all purpose flour (I used 200gm)
250ml water (1 used +/-325ml)
1tsp Eno fruit salt (I used 11/2tsp)
Small drop of food colouring (I used pandan emulco and strawberry emulco)
Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients and colouring together until you get a smooth batter.
2. Let the batter rest for 15minutes.
Advice: Please refer to Wendy's method and every steps closely.
Custard Filling(same refer to Wendy's recipe) - Corn Custard
(Can always make one day ahead and refrigerated):
2 eggs
80gm sugar
Very small pinch of salt
20gm of custard powder
100gm water
100gm coconut milk (I used fresh milk)
*8tbsp of sweet corn cream
Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until all well combined and no lumps.
2. Cook the mixture under medium heat.
3. Keep stirring the custard batter until it gets thicken.
4. Let it cool down before filling the pancakes.
Advice: Please refer to Wendy's method and every steps closely.
To pan fry the pancakes, I used butter to grease the frying pan. It smells even better.
This second round, I tried a new colour which is the pinkish strawberry pancakes. Nevertheless, the pandan flavoured always have the authentic taste. Calvin likes both flavours. According to Wendy, use a Chinese soup spoon to scoop the batter. So almost every of the Apam Perlis are the same size.
Once the mini pancakes are cooked, at once filled it with 1 tsp of creamy corn custard and seal the side immediately.
This is my strawberry pancakes version.
To join and take part in the MFF Kedah~Perlis entry. I'm submitting my second time of Apam Perlis to MFF Kedah~Perlis hosted by Wendy from Table for 2......Or More.
My son loves the corn custard a lot, it is creamy and nice to munch the sweet corn filling. Besides this, there were some filled in the Apam with coconut and brown sugar filling like HERE. I also found another version of Apam Perlis HERE.
I'm glad to make this for the second time indeed. Why? I am able to control the batter and have a smooth pancake surface compared to my first trial. The more you practice the better it will be. Enjoy and try to make this at home. Children and adults definitely enjoy this kuih Apam Perlis.










Thanks for doing it with a custard filling.
ReplyDeleteMay I ask is your Eno from bottle or from the sachet? Macam no bubbles de? Curious leh
Sachet. Got bubbles but not as much as my first time. But my second time batter is more soft n smoother
DeleteNot my favourite. Would prefer apam balik...the thin ones.
ReplyDeleteApam balik my fav too. STP i'll try to make it one day.
DeleteDear, I will replace the custard filling with Kaya. Hehehehe! Lazy idea from me. It is so nice to have 2 colours, pink and green. Well done.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to join my giveaway.
OK, I will. See you tomorrow. We'll hvae the whole in training....
Deletewow, they look yummy!
ReplyDeletethanks Wenn.. Sorry for not blog hopping over your sight...Really busy lately.
Deletemmmm, such pretty colors... are these the pancakes we can used for durian fillings as well???
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure mui mui....i think is diff
DeleteAnother batch of apam Perlis? Gosh, they must have tasted heavenly to get you work on it another round~ Thumb up!
ReplyDeletepsst... your first batch of apam did taste great! Thanks for the treat.
Thanks and appreciate your compliments ....
DeleteYour apam look so good! Can buka kedai dy :P
ReplyDeleteHaha...angeline selling apam at the road side....
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteIt has been a while that I had visited your blog... love your new look. You look really good!
Apam for the second time! They look extremely amazing! It's always nice to have Wendy to guide us to cook until perfection and I think you made these apam very well :D Three cheers for you and Wendy!
Zoe
Wendy is amazing cook. Shud ask her....nope. shyd invite her to bake along with us
DeleteFirst time hear of this? I know Apam Balik but never seen this Apam Perlis. Interesting. Must be yummy and sweet.
ReplyDeleteWould love to try apam balik tooo
Deletewow, these apam is making me drool. yums!
ReplyDeleteyeah, never mind doing it for the 2nd time as i bet that these are really delicious. The colours are very pretty too!
ReplyDeleteThanks lena
Deletecurious on the butter spreading technique..feel like trying out on this apam recipe, my kids love pancakes.
ReplyDeleteLess greasy n keep the pan n the pancake clean from excessive oil
Delete