Home Cooking - Vegetarian Feast

Refreshing and appetizing sea coral salad
Simple stir fry thin french beans with preserved mushroom paste
My mom's best "Zhai Nor" - yumz
My mom's unique vegetarian Acar
A bowl of curry with a lot of vegetables - special request from my hubby
Assorted vegetarian platter.
Well, vegetarian sambal petai!
Our dinner will never complete and balance without a nutritious soup of the day - Lotus roots with water chestnut.

My mum is the best cook ever. I hope I can be just like her, 50% from her also enough. My mum was on 9 days vegetarian diet during this Nine Emperor Gods Festival. Since yesterday was the last day, she prepared us a scrumptious meal.  She was trying to clear most of the vegetarian ingredients from her kitchen also. Yeah, this feast was for about 8-10 persons. My mum said don't worry if we can't finish it. She will then frozen the leftovers and will cook "Chai Boey" later. I can't wait for that..

Comments

  1. saw your pics of the procession. I watched the procession here in ipoh too yesterday, they dont do it ever year and it has been a very long time since i last watched one. It was raining here too yesteday morning but still many people on the streets.

    your mum is a terrific cook looking at all the dishes here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is a very good cook...

    All the dishes makes me drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, all the very delicious vegetarian dishes!! make me drooling now when reading the post!! your mum is really a great cook!! thumbs up for her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sea coral, wow, kind of something new to me.. as well as the preserved mushroom paste!! your mum sure is very knowledgeable about food and cooking huh?? i've never come across these things in food~~ so ulu!! :D

      Delete
    2. and she even did her own "zhai ngor" and acar??!! wow, usually people just go to the market and buy back the "zhai ngor" but she did that from scratch?? AMAZING that is~~ @_@"

      Delete
    3. ah yes, soup sure is nourishing and i love lotus root soup.. in fact i love all the dishes, of course except the petai since i don't eat that, haha!! you sure had a scrumptious and satisfying meal yesterday huh?? went back home with a round tummy~~ :D

      Delete
  4. Although I eat vege, i still love meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouth watering vegetarian dishes. My dad is vegetarian. How I wish I can cook some of this dishes for him when I'm back hometown. Are you going to share on those dishes in coming posts? Love to have the recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every dish just looks so delicious!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm.....every dish look so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really delicious vegetarian meal. I like the vege curry best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!!! When I saw the pics, I immediately tot it was a restaurant review! Your mum is such an amazing cook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all foods so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vegan feast...so healthy and delicious. I think I would love the Zhai Nor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Sweet Angel,
    All yours mum's vegan dish looks so good! How I wish I can try some :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts