Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate
Oatmeal Cookies
Bill Granger Recipe
150g unsalted butter
3/4 cup soft brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup of sugar only)
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour (I used Super Fine Flour)
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
235g rolled oats
170g choc chips (I used semi sweet)
3/4 cup soft brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup of sugar only)
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour (I used Super Fine Flour)
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
235g rolled oats
170g choc chips (I used semi sweet)

Preheat
oven to 180 degrees, line three large baking trays with baking
paper.
Cream
the butter and sugar together until fluffy and smooth.
Add
the egg and vanilla extract and beat till smooth.
Sift
the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix lightly.
Add
the oats and choc chips and stir to combine.




Happy Weekend Everyone

Yours is a less sugar version right?
ReplyDeleteI hope it will make it to cook like a star.
ReplyDeleteLovely packs of goodies you have there!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend to you and your family...
ReplyDeleteAngeline, I give you a Thumbs UP for these gorgeous cookies!!
ReplyDeleteMmm...i bet they are yummy!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend to you too. Happy baking too.
ReplyDeleteoh, the second post from our Taiping Baking Queen just before November ends!! oatmeal cookies, hmmm, i like this very much!! :)
ReplyDeleteerrr, if i wasn't wrong, i remember you mentioned the coming post will be Christmas log cake but then it came out as this oatmeal cookies.. aiyah!! but then right also, better save that christmas log post to December when Christmas is nearer huh?? :)
Deletesometimes i would buy oatmeal cookies from supermarket, and even oat bars, and try all the different flavors they offer.. sometimes chocolate chips, sometimes fruits, sometimes nuts..
Deleteyour chocolate oatmeal cookies surely looks very delicious and tempting.. just like the last photo - THUMBS UP!! errr, whose thumb was that?? yours?? hehe~~ :p
DeleteYa lor is mine... chubby n short thumb hehe
Deleteyea..thumbs up! you are enjoying baking! great!
ReplyDeletehave a nice day!
Oatmeal cookies - my favourite! The ones you baked look really delicious!
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteYou have used only 1/3 of the recommended sugar amount of this recipe. Sounds good to me!!! Are the cookies still sweet? I have used the full amount of sugar and still like the cookies... like to explore the potential of these cookies being sugar-reduced :D
Zoe
The taste is wise and not very sweet unless we eatean the part with chocolate chips. I use semi sweet chocolate chips too. Yeah, less sugar for me and the family. My version is more to a healthy oatmeal cookies.
DeleteThese are really good! I can't wait to make more of these.
ReplyDeleteHi sweet Angel,
ReplyDeleteCan I have a few pieces of your crunchy cookies!
Thank you so much for sharing this to LTU!
Love it!
mui
Very crunchy looking...Thumb up!
ReplyDeleteLove these crunchy cookies...
ReplyDeleteI am your new follower