Sitiawan: Tai Pak Kong Temple

This Tai Pak Kong temple is located at Pasir Panjang, Sitiawan. It was my first time visiting here. My parents came here before with my grandmother and my uncle. I saw many people share about this place and capture nice photos here. Moreover, this temple is facing to the sea view.
Many believes after visiting this temple, definitely will strike number. Since it was my first time there, my mum asked my father to take the water from the Guan Yin to wash my car number plate. How lucky was that? No one knows even myself and we'll wait and see.
I'm thrill how they kept this place so well maintained.
Entrance fee is free of charge. All they received is from our donation to the temple and also those rental from the stalls stand inside the temple compound sell soft drinks, local biscuits and some vegetarian food.
This place is so spacious. All you can see my two kids running towards their grandparents.
Maybe I didn't strike number because I didn't went inside the temple to pray. Muahaha.... I take care my two kids while my parents were inside.
The major attractions are the statues in all sizes which is made from granite stones. Even my friends told me most of it are from China. A good place to take photos.
With donation of RM2, we get a handful of fish food to feed those tortoise and the fish. Kids love to feed them and they eventually forgot about the hot sun.
I urged my parents and my kids to take a photo with this Goddess statue with an elephant. May all of them stay happily, in good health and wealthy all the time. Except me hahaha...cos I'm not in the photo.
This is all built behind the temple compound - man made mountain, waterfall, fish pond and also many statues here as well as mermaid.
It was like a park full of greens. They even placed all the 12 animal statues from Chinese Lunar Calender along the park.
It is a hot day actually so better be quick and furthermore, I still need to drive down to Lumut to meet my committee members for the fishing event.
Address:
Jalan Pasir Panjang
Kampung Pasir Panjang Laut, 32000 Sitiawan, Perak.

Comments

  1. This place is so interesting with so many statues. At first I thought it looked like China until you mentioned the statues were imported from China. The pond had so much fishes!!!! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angeline,
    The first picture: The god and goddess look great, standing tall facing the sea. They look like guardians too. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that many temple has tortoises and fish. Do they mean anything to the temple or Chinese belief?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accoridng to my parents, tortoises and fish bring good fortune.

      Delete
  4. That temple has so many statues. They make the place wonderful and worth a visit. I hope you strike lottery after visiting the temple. Keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope so. But I also don't know what number to buy unless my car number...

      Delete
  5. We have one here, not so elaborate but the 7-storey pagoda is a major attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went there last year when preggie with Aden, it is a nice place! But too crowded and too hot la!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very big temple. Beautiful granite statues too.

    Even the Kuching Tua Pek Kong temple not that big and attractive compared to this temple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah very nice place. The weather is hot or else I stay longer and take more photos hehehe.

      Delete
  8. Did you try the famous foods from Sitiawan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. they are famous for Mee Sua and Red Wine Yeast.

      Delete
  9. have not heard about this Tai Pak Kong Temple, and actually i have not even been to Sitiawan before, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's indeed a very nice place!! i have the same first impression as you.. the place is so clean and tidy, they really keep the place so well maintained!! so different from most of the temples in Malaysia, haha!! and nice that the entrance is free huh?? :)

      Delete
    2. all the statues are so nicely carved.. i love that place behind the temple, the backyard with lots of willow trees and greens and rocks and pond - of course the statues.. is it a very big place?? i see there's a path, probably can jog there, haha~~

      Delete
    3. i have heard that fish will keep on eating and do not know they should stop, so there are cases where fish were given too much to eat and they died of getting too stuffed.. so i am kind of worry for the koi fish there, since almost everyone would like to feed them.. or maybe it's gold fish only?? anyway, i guess the deities will protect the koi fish there also lah, hehe~~ :p

      Delete
    4. so have you bought your car plate number?? already washed it with the holy water from the Goddess of Mercy.. haha!! i also hope you will strike the lottery anyway~~ all the best luck ya!! :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts