Teluk Intan: The Leaning Tower

Let me tell you something, this is my first time driving on this road trip all by myself. Most of the time, my hubby will drive not me. But this time he gave me a green light that I can drive there. During the same weekend, PIL was not in and furthermore there's a new maid at home. So it is better to have someone in the house. My hubby has to become the security of the house for one night. Muahaha...
Come back to the topic for today, in previous posts I've been to Sitiawan Tai Pak Kong temple and also experienced the fishing competition organized by the company sport club at Lumut together with my own parents and my kids. On the next day after the fishing competition prize giving, my parents suggested that we should visit the Leaning Tower at Teluk Intan. I've not been there yet. I'm not sure how to go, but with GPS and road sign it should be alright. So during we checked out on the next morning, I asked the receptionist, that it will takes about 45minutes to reach Teluk Intan from Lumut. But since I follow the GPS, it actually take longer route to reach. Anyhow we still reached there in 1hour 15mins. 
Finally we reached the Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan after the GPS route brought me to pass by the huge palm oil plantation owned by Sime Darby.
 Here is the history about this Leaning Tower; when it is built, what it is use for and so on.
 When we reached Teluk Intan town, the rain has stopped. I advised the kids to wear on their hoover jacket because it was still drizzling.
 We can actually go inside and have a look in this three storey building. No charges and all we have to do is just write our name, nationalities and IC in their log book.
 Something I want to highlight here, see what they have done to this pretty place.
 Some shots from the inside building.
 This photo taken from the 2nd floor. We didn't went up anymore, because the staircase are too stiff for my parents and the kids.
 My girl can give all kinds of pattern when come to take her photo.
 She is every time ready when I say I want to take photo of her.
 Hmm, I like this shot.
 Yeap, we are heading down and move on to get some local biscuits (I forgot to take photo of the biscuit stall. Don't worry, it can be easily seen from this leaning tower) and have lunch before headed back to Taiping. We bought their local made Heong Peng, Tao Sar Peng and others.
 Then before we go off, I realized there's this service at this area. Not bad.
 Talk about our lunch, we did asked the lady where we bought our local biscuits stall. She said a few block from here there's a seafood restaurant. Ok, we found it but it was lunch time, so it was packed and place to park my car. As we are not in the hurry, I have a quick turning and hopefully will get a parking place. Most of the roads here are one way. Then we spotted several hawker stalls just behind the seafood restaurant. My mum said why not we try here. In order not to waste time, I said Ok lar, let's eat here.
To tell the truth, it is a brilliant idea to have a meal here. Their local food slightly different from Taiping. I wish to try their Chee Cheong Fun version, but it was closed already. This lady who is selling noodle told us, they are those selling during the morning time. Because of heavy rain just now, they still left some ingredients so they drag their business until afternoon. We were damn lucky on that day. My father had this Yee Mee noodle soup. The soup is clear.
My mom had their Mee Sua Soup. Oh heaven, their mee sua is so fine and nice my mom said. Sitiawan and Teluk Intan areas are famous for their local made Mee Sua and Pan Mee noodle. We actually bought a lot of packs of Mee Sua when we visited the Sitiawan temple.
 The lady introduced us this steam glutinous rice with sweeten minced meat. Totally different from our Lor Mai Fun version. The rice don't really have much taste but have the minced meat together. If I'm not wrong the minced meat they marinated with red wine yeast paste - Ang Zao.
 Both my son and I ordered their hand made pan mee. Calvin and Hebe have the soup Pan Mee. Calvin said it was delicious.
While me, I have the dried type of Pan Mee. Very satisfying, maybe we were very hungry already that day. Love the QQ bite of their hand made Pan Mee.
My father request for sambal, but they don't have. Eventually, they gave each of us this shallots pickles with cili padi. We like it very much. Yeah, totally a different taste and style when we have chance to visit other places within Malaysia. 

So, Sibu here I come for the Kampua Noodle. 
Hehehe.... STP can you hear me?

Menara Condong - Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan
At Jalan Pasar, Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. i am sure this STP didn't read the post, he just scroll down to post this generic comment and missed his name there!! haiz, so he isn't welcoming you to Sibu?? how rude of this Sibu Food Mayor~~ :p

      Delete
    2. Since I mentioned about noodles, i think of kampua noodles from Sibu. So when I was typing i suddenly wanted to tell the food mayor that i'm craving for the kampua noodles actly.

      Delete
  2. Wah! I passed this clock tower so many times but never thought of going inside!! My boss is the MP of Teluk Intan and told me my weight might topple it. LMAO!!! Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a corner shop right opposite the clock tower that sells the best Kachang Tumbuk!! So fresh and crispy nice.

      Delete
  3. Hey wait...
    You left your hubby alone with the new maid? Jeng jeng jeng...just kidding yeah? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to Teluk Intan and I saw the leaning tower. But I didn't enter the building and was quite shock to see the writings on the wall. I think it would give bad impression about Malaysian to our tourists. That building is our valuable tourism product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried the pan mee Kuching version but not the glutinous rice with sweetened minced meat. If you go to Sibu, you should try our Kolok Mee and do come to Kuching too to try our food here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is so interesting. i hope to visit the leaning tower very soon. it's really a good idea to eat at the hawker stall. the food looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. You are coming to Sibu? Must catch up with you then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want dear. Will need to find the time so i can come.

      Delete
  8. Good to get an exerienced tour guide (such as Suituapui) to bring you arounf Sibu. Maybe i can tag along as well as having been around much here. But if Kuching, I can bring you around. I may be back to Kuching again middle next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good you're back Kuching again next mth. Again try every variaties of kuching food again.

      Delete
  9. oh, Teluk Intan!! hey, I have been there, and yes, because of the Leaning Clock Tower (Teluk Intan of course and not Pisa, haha!!).. but it was so many years ago, i think it was in year 1998, oh my, more 15 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. few of us just drove north from KL and actually didn't have any plan, just stop by whichever place we found interesting.. ah, that's the goodness of being young, can do things very spontaneously and impromptu, haha.. so in the end, we put up a night in Lumut, and then while on the way back to KL, we stop by Teluk Itan.. that's how i ended up been to Teluk Intan..

      Delete
    2. hmmm, how frustrating those people were to vandalize such a historic building!! totally despicable!! i hope they have setup CCTV in the tower and then caught those who did this, and then make them pay for their childish act!!

      Delete
    3. i remember this Leaning Tower of Teluk Itan isn't really that tall, at least not as tall as what i have expected.. anyway, it's really a very nice antique building.. let me look at its history again, built in 1885, errr, how many years old?? let me click my calculator, haha.. oh, 128 years!!!

      Delete
    4. yeah, i would also think going to the hawker stall center is better than going to the seafood restaurant.. at least you can have more variety and tried the local dishes.. and i have to say the things in Teluk Intan are really quite different.. especially the pan mee, yes, i right away noticed those shallots and chili given instead of the chili sauce!! that's interesting.. hmmm, now i know, if i ever been to Teluk Intan again, i must try their pan mee.. :)

      Delete
    5. woot woot!! so you are going to Sibu soon?? real soon?? must eat Kampua and Pian Sip, and also the Kompia and Foo Chow Noodles.. these are the things that our Sibu Food Mayor has successfully brainwashed me when it comes to the impression of Sibu~~ :D

      Delete
    6. Kuching and Sabah are always in my wish list. Just need to korek some time to go...

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of pizza leaning tower!!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts