Salmon Fried Rice & Teriyaki Salmon

Once a while, hubby will buy back fresh salmon from a frozen dealer around his working place. They sold to my hubby in whole block of fresh salmon meat which is not freeze yet. He will text me or inform my MIL, that we'll have salmon Sashimi tonight for example. So the other day, he got us a block of it. PIL gone for holiday, BIL and SIL didn't come back and only left 4 of us. We can't finish the Sashimi, so I kept the balance in the freezer.



Beside the fried rice above I also left some salmon to make Teriyaki salmon.


First marinade the salmon slices with salt and pepper. Then use a kitchen paper to pat dry. Lightly coated the fish slices with some all purpose flour (I forgot this step actually). Then fried it in a frying pan with some oil and butter until golden brown. Remove from pan and remove those excess oil. Next, prepare the Japanese authentic style of Teriyaki sauce - soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin and sake if have. Mix all together and bring it to a boil then add in the salmon back into the frying pan. Let the sauce absorb gradually until the sauce get thicken.
Salmon is rich in Omega 3 which growing children and pregnant mummy needed the most. I've prepared another portion for my BFF, Joanne who is 6 months pregnant (her second pregnancy). Can't wait to see her baby prince in March 2014.
Last Sunday, I'm not only prepared the salmon fried rice and Teriyaki salmon. I also made okonomiyaki and Miso soup again. Who else will request for these, if is not my son! Hehehe.... Enjoy Everyone!



Salmon is my kids' favourite, I have pan fried them before and mix with the rice... sedap sekali!! The salmon you bought really look very fresh, yes they are rich in omega... good for heart too!
ReplyDeleteIt's my favourite, and the dish you prepared makes me drooling, hehe...
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteBlog hopping..
How do you manage? I mean, you are a FTWM, and you bake & cook like a professional, certainly doesn't look like someone who needs to work from 7am-7pm everyday (time includes traffic jam, etc)..
what a sumptuous and scrumptious salmon feast you had!! i like the salmon fried rice and the salmon steak!! aiyoh, like LouizYee commented, surely you make all the FTWM envy that you can cook such a nice meal.. or maybe only LouizYee the Queen of One-Pot-Cooking?? muahahaha~~ :D
ReplyDeletetalk about salmon.. you know this is the only fish that i can differentiate from the rest?? because it's in orange color, muahahaha!! other fish all look the same to me only.. and also vegetables, i cannot differentiate them (besides cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli).. so very dangerous if you want me to go to market to get them, supermarket can lah, because i can read the labels~~ :D
Deleteno joke lah, you did all those all by yourself under the request of that nobody-else.. i think you are a very efficient cook in the kitchen huh?? can multitask while cooking and when you serve the food on the dining table, i guess all dishes and things you used to cook are washed and the kitchen is kept tidy and clean also~~
Deletelastly, wishing D.A.C.H. a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 and may your new year be filled with lots of happiness, joy, health and wealth!! :)
DeleteWah, since when I have a new name? Queen of 1 pot? Haha.. But nice name tho'...
DeleteI always ordered this dish at the Japanese restaurant but yours looked more delicious!
ReplyDeleteHow nice if I know how to cook them like you.
Happy New Year 2014 to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteHappy Cooking and Happy Blogging!
Yummmm!!!! Had that at a Japanese restaurant here. Loved it so much! But salmon is expensive here... I guess I will just have to stick to some cheaper ingredients. :(
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, 2014. Best wishes for an awesome year ahead for you and all your loved ones, cheers!
Fried rice and salmon .... my favorite !
ReplyDeleteAngeline...all yr salmon dishes looked fantastic...wished i could try them...hehehe...
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to u n yr family:)
My sister would love this because of the salmon!!! =]
ReplyDelete