#028 - Mr Messy SpongeBob
Hebe's birthday is in Oct. Upon her request, I made this birthday theme cake for her to bring to kindergarten. The kindergarten will arrange quarterly birthday party for those kid's birthday falls on Oct, Nov and Dec.

Why I called it Mr Messy SpongeBob? Hehehe... it looks really messy and the chocolate transfer is cracked. Tried my very best to fulfill my girl's birthday theme cake.

For the cake, I used Sonia's egg separation method for the sponge cake base. I made 3 layers from it, 2 layers of vanilla and 1 layer of chocolate. Refer to: H>E>R>E
So now you know why I said is messy? It is totally messy job when melting the white chocolate and mix with the colors that look like SpongeBob.
For the step by step of chocolate transfer method please refer H>E>R>E

Covered the whole cake with buttercream. Simple decorating at the edge of the cake. I refer to Kevin Chai's Buttercream. I've been stop baking and decorating for a while now. But for my girl, she indeed very happy to bring it to school. "Wah, my SpongeBob birthday cake!" Hahaha, look at the photo again, another crack on the Mr SpongeBob's leg.
*Again not to miss out to jot down in my blog. At least I can refer whenever I want to.

You're very talented... Can make such nice cake...
ReplyDeleteAngeline, the cake looks perfect to me! Belated Happy Birthday to Hebe and she looked so happy with her cake.
ReplyDeleteIt looks good! Most importantly, your girl looks mighty pleased, happy birthday to her...and of course, it's the taste that counts as well.
ReplyDeleteOoo. I am sure your girl was happy with her cake. Mummy's hand bake.
ReplyDeleteBetter than me. Tried to bake once a birthday cakd but not successful. Ended up buying a small cake home. Lol.
Very nice wor... at least one look, we know it is spongebob... if I were to do this, it might end up like some other messy cartoon.. hahaha...
ReplyDeleteI must say you are really talented in baking and cooking!!
ReplyDeleteThis cake looks very professional from the photo!