#030 - Take off to Australia

Hi everyone, quite busy and time was fully occupied with company auditors and budget planning. So have yet to update about our trip until today.

23rd August until 31st August - Marked our most pleasant family trip to Melbourne & Sydney, Australia. This round, hubby made all the planning and decision. He is more familiar with Melbourne and Sydney. He also "ajak" his friend to join this trip too.
Early transit flight from Penang to KLIA2. Then we had our breakfast at Plaza Premium Lounge, KLIA2 while waiting for another family to join us.
While in the plane occupied the kids with UNO and Ipad. I was worried they get bored in this budget flight with AA. Somehow they were pretty excited and enjoying themselves so much.
We had their newly called "SANTAN" combo meal on board. If pre-book together with flight, beverage is complimentary. They have about 15 - 20 combo sets to choose from. The kids enjoy their Mac and Cheese so much, both wallop all - clean!

First thing to do after get down from plane is purchased data plan to access - Choose Telstra, hahaha!

Weather is pretty cold.... freezing!
I like this photo seems like my kids are all grown up.
A quick phone call to Quality Hotel, Westmeadows - nearest to Melbourne Airport for pick up and get our rent car provided by this hotel as well.
Recommended Dish: Roasted Duck, Char Siew Pao and Wanton noodle.

We reach Melbourne about 7pm (Malaysia time:5pm). Halfway to our apartment, hubby took us to China Bar - Noodles and Rice Bar at Russell Street, Melbourne as it is getting pretty late. Service is quick and they served a huge portion. So Hebe and I shared the siew yoke, roasted duck and char siew combo with rice. China Bar is famous with their roasted duck - it was good.
 For me the char siew and roasted pork should have slice more thinly.

Travel with kids and plan our trip on our own is a more flexible arrangement within our budget. After the meal, we make a quick move to the serviced apartment. The apartment is totally a brand new building. Everything is so well equip.

Provided with underground car park and  a night is approximately Aus250 - 2 bedrooms apartment.
We stayed here for 4 nights before headed to Sydney later on. After long hours of journey, we called it a night and quickly went to bed. Hubby said we need to wake up as early as 4.30am (Malaysia time: 2.30am) @-@.....

Stay tune for the next post

Comments

  1. Wow! What a nice family trip. I have not been to Australia yet. Hope can go one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should plan a simple one with family...

      Delete
  2. Such a nice family holiday. Looking forward to your upcoming posts on this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrine. During your holiday in Australia ( a few times) - I feel so relax.. So Aus is a must place to visit, especially with family and kids.

      Delete
  3. I was in Melbourne in 1980. I would love to go to Australia again, anywhere but right now, I'm tied down. Have to stick around here for my bedridden mum, 10 years now. Can't even hop over to Taiping! Would love to do that some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is ok, take care your mom first. Taking care the elderly is a great too, able to spend more time with them. Wait Melissa bring you go Melbourne again ya.

      Delete
  4. This is fun. Family holiday and friends tagged along. I like that. The more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, is good too. Furthermore, is their first time to Australia too.

      Delete
  5. What a nice holiday for the family. I am learning all your useful tips now. Melbourne is in my 2018 bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why you so humble, aiya you no need to learn tips from my side ler... Anay and wifey have more experience than us leh... People in Melbourne is always so relaxing...

      Delete
  6. Looks like a very enjoyable trip! Can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Australia before, last time they always like to compare between Australia and New Zealand, looking forward to more posts on your trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because of the currency exchange for both countries. SG people like to go NZ.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts