Circumcision Surgery

My son undergo a circumcision surgery at Columbia Asia last friday. Yup, it was a sudden but after knowing his lil penis having tight foreskin. Both hubby and I made the decision to get rid of it at this early stage. Hubby forgotten that he did said before once Calvin was born, he wanted to remove the foreskin first. But, we just leave it until now. Then for the past few weeks, Calvin been claiming that his penis is itchy. Then I found out it was a bit red at the tip of his lil penis. At first, I went over to clinic for antibiotics cream to apply and never think of circumcision. Then, the clinic doctor suggested to do so. I was not surprised hearing it because my hubby and my father undergo that surgery before. It's for hygiene purposes and not actually compulsory to Malays.

Calvin with his operation suit on last Friday morning

Prior to school holiday, I arrange another check up at Columbia Asia with Dr. Fabian (I took half day leave last Monday). Poor Calvin got to suffer from this surgery. Surgery was not done by Dr. Fabian but we have 2 surgeons to choose from: Dr Shanker or Dr Mhd Nizam. I quickly called up my hubby for opinion, then he chosed Dr Mhd Nizam. During the last week, I was been busy preparing for our Sports Club Treasure Hunt hotel arrangement and also the lucky draw prizes at Langkawi. With the timid time I have, luckily I still able to handle and arrange it *Phew*. We wait no more and plan for the surgery ahead before its condition getting worse. So sorry, my son is more important that those Treasure Hunt Event on Saturday and also a colleague wedding dinner on Sunday. All cancelled.
Photo from H>E>R>E


Mohd Nizam is a very senior surgeon from KL. He was temporary based in Taiping Columbia Asia. After I had his opinion about my son. I quickly make an appointment for the surgery. Luckily, last Friday was available and I plan it so my Calvin has one more week to rest before going to school. Everything goes very well indeed. On that Friday morning, Dr Nizam performed the laser circumcision ony my kid's penis. It is advance and control bleeding. It took him 10-15mins to "kau tim" that surgery. It was a clean surgery, my son's lower part is clean and not even a stain. Guess the nurses clean for me. Thanks! I was pregnant and Dr Nizam allowed me to accompany my son to the operation room but I was not allowed to see how he perform that surgery. Before he went inside the operation room and from that time onwards, I keep pampered my son so not to make him worried. After that surgery, what I can say is, Calvin is a very brave boy! I stayed at the couch here one night with my Calvin
After that surgery, he awake and shock looking at those nurses surrounding him and cried for mummy, when I was changing back to my own clothes from the operation room. Soon after that, he was still drowsy and I let him rest more...Later in the afternoon, I feed him milk and slowly took some porridge in the evening to prevent him from vomiting. That first night was hard for him to suffer the pain. Painkiller was given and kids can't take it that much. That first night also hard for me, as I was taking care of him all through the night. I made him to sleep around 10.30pm but after midnight he keep waking up cos it's pain under there. Poor boy...He moved a bit, I wake up to see him. I'm afraid he scratch there. Not even that, Calvin is afraid to pass urine too. Again I do whatever I can to make him pee. It is good that he pass urine regularly. He was phobia about the pain but later one he feels much more relief after he pee than controlling it.My mom custom made him skirts....One the second day, Calvin was more energetic and the pain is lesser since the first day. He cried no more and just complain there's still some pain. So I consoled him, it is alright and told him the pain will gone later. I always try to cheer him up and forgot about his penis....He knew what happen to his penis and he take it as well. No complain....We were very proud of him!Just a minor surgery, he gets so many toys: military air force set from Ah Kong, a portable play station game from Yeh Yeh and also Happy Meal - KungFu Panda2 toys from his daddy! Yup, everyone wants to make him feel better and happy. Really appreciate that.This was the sign he gave me when I said I want to take his photo. It was taken on the second day morning. He told me he wanna sit on that couch. While he sat there, I brought water for him to gurgle and brush his teeth. Later, I used a wet cloth to wipe his face and cleam his body. Let him freshen up! Change clothes and ready for breakfast.Mummy, how come the people not yet send the breakfast? Calvin knows Columbia have food catering. Ended, they served bread with jam and butter. I'm happy to see him happy and relief...cos the first night was a nightmare for both of us.On Saturday afternoon he discharged and just can't keep playing his new toys! After that day, he still complain a bit of pain...Calvin just need to follow check up from time to time then.
p/s: Children at a younger age will recover much quicker than adult from the circumcision.

Comments

  1. how much does that cost? May be I should take my son there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin is a very brave boy. Despite is just a minor surgery as you said but still as a mother, I totally understand how you feel as I experienced before when my boy went for a minor surgery too last year end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wenn: Quite exp too - RM2400. Luckily got insurance to cover that.Dr Nizam is good. After my son case, he still got up coming cases...Hot pick! But he's temporary in Taiping and will be back to KL or Damansara when another New Columbia Asia is completely build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I plan to watch KungFu Panda2 with Calvin during this holiday, but cancelled cos of this surgery. Hope everything is fine after this...Hubby told me if my second baby is a boy then must undergo that surgery earlier...*Pengsan* Better NO I can't take it the 2nd time again, but then I was hoping is a baby gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to do that at his age. Good for Calvin and you too. Not problem again in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Calvin is doing fine....
    His custom made skirt is helping a lot in his recovery *wink* Great ideas from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brave boy, Calvin!
    From the last 3 photos, I think he's alright already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yan: U r right...No more worries too.

    Yvonne: Hmm, he can't wear pants yet!

    Hayley: Yup and he still complain there's still a bit pain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend in Indon just brought her son for the same surgery. Now only I know it's for hygiene reason.

    Calvin is really a brave boy. Your mum is very smart to sew that skirt for Calvin. Hope he recovers soon.

    I also slept on that couch for 4 nights. The room is the same like the kl one hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angeline, many more nice animated movies will be showing on the big screen like Cars2, Smurfs, Happy Feet 2 & etc. I believed Calvin will loves all these too. The most important, Calvin is getting better and better everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Calvin is such a brave boy.. I'm amazed he can smile and put peace sign for the camera. : ) I cannot bear the thought of putting William thru this. Btw, how many months are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is such a brave boy, really make you proud! I should consider to send lil bro for circumcision too, lol... seriously!^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo Calvin!! Glad to hear he is doing fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Angeline, glad your boy having not much problem dueling with it. But not all boys need to go through such surgery. So far, my boy has no problem with his. He's already 14! haha... Btw, are you pragnant?
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new background. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I didnt know it cost that much. Hubby did when he was small, so he advised my son to have it too, but maybe when he is bigger. He is now 22 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously speaking, i am not for circumcision..i think the skin is there for a purpose one lah,,,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Calvin is such a brave boy. Thumb up for him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Calvin is really a brave boy! Glad that with modern laser surgery, the operation doesn't last very long. Very nice of his grandma to custom sew him skirts to help with the healing process...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alice: If nothing happen to ur boy better dun lar...

    Kristy: Yes I am and thank you.

    Rose: My hubby told me, if my second baby is a boy then he may want my second boy to do it also!

    Eugene: My son accused pain when he passed urine. So circumcision is the only way to get rid of the extra foreskin! If I was given to choose, I also duan my son to suffer.

    Cindy: Thanks.

    Olive: I was feeling much better than become a worried freak.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is such a brave boy. I have heard of this surgery before .. So far my son doesnt complaint about any pain.. wondering can skip this surgery or not..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts