Baked Cheese Rice

Another great Sunday lunch I prepared for Calvin and his daddy. Not well prepared, but still I able to find those ingredients from the fridge.
1. Onions for frying, broccoli, potatoes and carrots cut in cubes. Or else can add in any other vegetables you desire.
2. Meat: I have calamari, crab stick, prawns, chicken breast cut in cubes. Then I found one sausage left..so all goes in.
3. Japanese curry, which I bought earlier from Jusco.
4. Prego,tomatoes pasta sauce. (If you have tomatoes, make your own pasta sauce)
My baked cheese rice enough for 4 servings. I cooked 2 cups of rice a night before that (to prevent the rice become too moist, if I cooked on the same day).
5. I use some chop onion to fried the rice with butter and 2 eggs. If you have no time, white rice can be use too. I fried the rice to make it more fragrant and coloured (golden yellow).
6. A quick stir fry over the meat and vegetables ingredient and set aside. (Blanched the vegetables to avoid overcooked).
7. Spicy version: Pour out the Japanese curry and combine half of my seafood ingredients together. I add a little bit of water to avoid the puree from thickening.
8. Tomatoes version: 3 tablespoon of Prego puree, add in some water and also 2 tablespoon of tomato sauce. Add also the other half of the seafood which I have cooked earlier.
9. Must have some gravy, so while you bake, it will not dries up the rice.
All together I baked 2 tomatoes flavor baked cheese rice and 2 curry flavor baked cheese rice.
Preheat the oven with 200 degree Celsius and bake for 15-20mins. Depends, if the top turns brown then it is ready. I sprinkle some cheddar cheese (powdered) for the finishing touch.
Calvin came in the kitchen several of times while I was cooking. "Mami, ok bui?", "Mami can eat adi or not?"... Haiyo...this kid kenot wait to eat already.
Finally, Calvin get to taste my first time baked cheese rice. His one was special with crispy crust of mozzarella cheese on top.
Baked Cheese Rice with Tomatoes paste. Great for kids...
Slightly spicy for adults. Curry Seafood Baked Cheese Rice.
After Calvin took his lunch...I'm ready packed to bring it over to my hubby at the shop and my mom at home. All of them get to taste 2 flavors...
p/s:
Hubby comments ~ He likes the tomatoes one. The curry one, he said taste like nasi briani....

How I placed my baked cheese rice.

Comments

  1. Looks great!! Next time please spare some for me too ok :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley: No prob.

    Mummy Gwen: ya...and fattening too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner time coming, see this makes me hungry liao, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...yummy!! now you are making me so hungry :) waahhh..you even have a diagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,this looks delicious....yum yum, I love cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb: Lol...wanna jot down scared i forget it some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baked cheese rice make me really hungry now. My kids also love tomatoes paste with rice. Good try, Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the recipe here. Will try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Now I know that you're a great cook! Lucky hubs and your mom, Calvin boy and of coz not to forget mei mei too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boy super love baked rice! Yours looks really tempting.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olive: Me ar..."Pun Thong Sui" only in cooking...But must practice more...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts