Special for my sick boy
My son fall sick since last Thursday. Then, on Sunday I plan to have simple lunch at home.
Beside my simple carrot porridge, I also made something special for my sick boy to have it with the porridge.
Ingredients that you will need.
1. Prawns and chicken meat (cut in cubes)
2. Slices of mushroom
3. Crab meat (Calvin all time fav)
4. A lil of Soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper to marinade.
5. The most important ingredient we need is eggs.
So, do you know what I wanted to cook for Calvin?
.
.
.
.
.
Jeng Jeng Jeng.... - I made him a plate of Chawanmushi.
My very first attempt making Chawanmushi....taste is just as smooth like Sushi King! Although, I steam more than 15-20 mins (scared the meat inside is not cook),but I'm still happy with admired my egg custard surface,still so smooth leh...How come?
Before that, I called up my mom, how to make the egg custard soft and smooth.
Tips: Do not beat the eggs, just stir the egg with water using fork. Egg white and egg yolk will slowly blend together. You will notice there's no bubbles. Another way of doing is to strain the eggs well.
This is my first try, so I pour in too much water, if is not, should be the prefect one for Calvin boy. He knows I'm in the kitchen preparing lunch for him. Again and again keep asking me can eat or not ?....
MIL told me inside the freezer got fish, so defrost and fry 2 slices of them. Garnish with simple fried garlic and ginger with soy sauce to taste. Erm, I hate frying fish. Do you?
That's my simple lunch for Calvin boy. I also joined him for the lunch.
Calvin ate almost half of the chawanmushi. After that meal, it time for medicine taking, before he dosed off to take his afternoon nap. Calvin started to go school since yesterday...He is much better now...

I hope your boy gets well soon! Btw, that fish looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThe Twerp and I
The chawanmushi looks good! Yea, I hate frying fish too....feel so sticky and smelly after frying.
ReplyDeleteGet well soon Calvin!
Glad to know that Calvin is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteWell done on the chawanmushi!
Mmm...chawanmushi looks good. now is ashley's turn to be sick :(
ReplyDeleteBarb: Oh, take care ya.
ReplyDeleteNutritious meal..esp for young kids.. hope your Calvin has recovered... take care..
ReplyDeleteA speedy recovery to Calvin, it must be hectic for you, you too keep well and take care!
ReplyDeleteThx for the cawanmushi tip, yours indeed looks as smooth as baby's bottom, lol!
Get well soon to Cavin boy. Your cawanmushi looks very yummy and smooth ya! I will try making the cawanmushi one day. My son doesn't eat anything when we dine in the Japanese / sushi restaurant except cawanmushi.
ReplyDeleteAlice: LoL
ReplyDeleteMummy Moon: My Son will ask for cawanmushi... So I made him one, so he got appetite to eat.
BTW, thanks for all your concern.
This was a complete balance meal for Calvin. Thumbs Up.
ReplyDeleteYou put lots of ingredients in your chawanmushi, better than sushi king one! yummy~
ReplyDelete