Topo Map Butter Cake with love

I'm sorry for the back dated post! I wanted to schedule my post but I really don't have the time. Anyway, I shall blog about it before it gets rotten! LoL.
 
Happy Belated Birthday Papa and Happy Belated Birthday Mother!
 
My papa birthday falls on the 18th June and just a few more days later was my MIL birthday on the 21st June. This year both of them share the same cake I made for them. Thanks to my baking mojo! I'm very interested towards Wendy from Table For 2.... Or More -  Topo Map Love Cake.
Here are the ingredients you needed to bake this Topo Map Butter Cake
300gm cake flour +1tsp baking powder
250gm butter
250gm sugar (I reduced to 200gm)
5 medium eggs
125ml evaporated milk
3-4tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
1tsp of vanilla essence
1tsp of pandan paste ( I used 1tbsp of pandan emulco)
I'm very happy to see the result from baking. Everytime I bake the design came out differently. How to make this? I follow Wendy's instruction on how she layered the cake.
My papa dislikes butter, so I bake the cake with margarine. While my MIL's one I used butter. Everyone is amazed with the layer I made. My MIL said this is a very nice cake.
I like the Topo Map very much. I always wonder how does it looks like after bake. You'll never know how is the design after baked freshly from the hot oven. So the end result always make you full of surprises. Tentatively, I bake another one last few days and again it turned out amazingly.

p/s: I have another marathon in work to rush. Will be back in blog again next week, hopefully. So long and wish everyone have a great weekend ahead.

Comments

  1. Gosh!!! Takes my breath away... It looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I like it too. I will try this one day, Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful cake...love the colorful layers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice topo pattern and I'm sure the cake is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your topo cake. Wish to bake one, but it seems hard :p

    Maybe wait for my baking mojo to return fully. Now still very lazy to bake, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful and me got attracted by the patterns in wendy's blog too! i think i will like you too very eager to cut the cake to see how the design turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Yes, have seen this in a few blogs as well, am curious to try it myself, perhaps one day! Happy Belated Birthday to both your dad and MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks so beautiful. I bet it tastes superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake is so pretty!! You are an amazing baker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like studying map in geography lesson leh....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful cake. And must taste nice too! Happy belated birthday to your dad, Angeline. I hope I would be able to make a cake for my parents too. Their birthday is just a day apart in February.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this cake recently too! Was pleased with the results cos I thought I somehow messed it up.

    All the best at work. Take it easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angeline, your cake look very pretty. The texture is very soft and moist.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is this a piece of edible art? LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not hear from you for a while... seems like you have busy lately. Your cake look great and I think you really has lots of baking mojo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe yeah I'm busy really busy...I'll be bec very soon.

      Delete
  17. This is such an attractive looking cake! I bet your dad and MIL were very very happy with this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks very nice... All these blogs showing food and stuff is making me really hungry. How's your baby, dear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene sorry for the late reply. Hebe is alright now...thanks for your concern.

      Delete
  19. Oh dear I wish to reply to everyone's comments, but I can't make it. Thanks to all of your comments....

    ReplyDelete
  20. This cake is beautiful! Your parents must have loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts