Shah Alam Night Food Thrill - Geylang Lor9
During the pre-stock check date, we’ll be there at shah Alam office to prepare documents for the actual day right after the warehouse cut off period. We need to get ready all the things before the actual stock check day at 9am. Therefore, we had our dinner cum supper around 10pm, quite late already. Tiring right? Nah…nothing to worry, it is just about work. We’ve been doing this all the time. We all feel excited again when Brian wanted to bring us for a nice dinner, recommended by his brother in law.
Jeng Jeng Jeng, as I promised here comes another food entry during our out station assignment at Shah Alam.
Geylang Lor 9 is best in Singapore and Malaysia. Hahaha sounds like P.C.K limited. Here serves fresh frog porridge. It is a type of frog called the edible frog and some they called it paddy chicken. Many said it taste like chicken because the texture most similar to chicken wings.
We all order herbal drinks again. We quickly asked Brian to choose what is good to eat. After eating we want to have a good sleep then.
We can ordered hot porridge or with white rice. Warning, the porridge is very hot, burnt my lips eh...Ouch. Too hungry I guess.
We were thrilled by their famous Gong Pou Frog Leg. I'm giving them 3 stars.
It's spicy and it's really taste good~RM24.00 for 2 frogs.
Their signature bak kien - fried meat spring roll (RM10.00). It is good to eat with rice.
This is another recommended dish - Deep Fried Hong Kong Kai Lan (RM12.00). Very crispy and not oily at all. This dish they simply deep fried and served with soy sauce and pepper.
Actually their servings are very small, so we ordered a simple big onion omelette (RM8.00).
Lastly, here's another famous frog leg dish.
Deep fry frog leg with crispy garlic~RM24 for 2 frogs.
Overall, we felt the food here is very yummy. I like the way they served. Quick and keep the food hot.
Capturing here is my bowl of porridge with Gong Pou Frog Leg. This is what I called comfort food.
Last but not least, I'm grabbing a pot back to hotel. Muahaha.
Visit Them Here:
Fresh Frog Porridge
2, Jalan PJS 8/12A, Dataran Mentari, PJ Selangor.
Here wishing all my Muslim friends Selamat Berbuka Puasa.
For non-Muslim, Happy Weekends!
Click the link here if you miss my Shah Alam Food Trail


hahahaah I work in Shah Alam and I thought..where is this place? Dataran Mentari is far from SA.
ReplyDeleteReally? But from Summit Hotel to the place not very far actually.
DeleteSo hungry looking at this. I must go for lunch now.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting and nice photos! Yumz~
ReplyDeleteI love frog legs.....making me craving for some now !!!
ReplyDeleteSo good to go work cum holiday.
What a funny name for a restaurant. Err....i'm not a fan of frogs *faint*
ReplyDeleteYah. the name very awkward to me too
DeleteOh the dishes look tempting leh, especially the Deep Fried Hong Kong Kai Lan & Deep fry frog leg with crispy garlic.
ReplyDeleteSome of my friends doesn't like the garlic smell. For me it isn't that bad...really taste good after all.
DeleteThe dishes looks nice. Must check out this place one day!
ReplyDeleteEeeee...frog! No, thank you... LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is yummy...
DeleteI do not eat frog, my hubby does, but I cannot bring myself to try it! Hehe! Looks delicious, though! Dataran Mentara is nearby Summit, but a distance from Shah Alam! Have a great Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info...Usually we mentioned Shah Alam..
Deleteoh, i eat frogs and the dish i enjoy most with frogs is the kung poh stir fried. The deep fried frog legs sounds good to me!
ReplyDeleteTheir Kong Pou taste better.
DeleteSkip the porridge, I want rice with the kung poh frog~
ReplyDeleteBut the name of the restaurant is very catchy la, hehehe!
Ya, dunno how they come out this this name.
DeleteHi Angeline, thanks for sharing, everything look so delicious especially the deep fry frog leg.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day, regards.