MFF 2012 (Kedah Perlis) - Apam Perlis
Finally I have one post done in Nov. Gosh! I only had 5 entries in Oct. Damn busy lately. Lots more nice wedding dinner photos to upload and nice food photos as well. But still no time to blog about it. Should raise my hands up and get it all done before 2012 ends. Hopefully and cross my fingers.
I missed Lena's MFF - Terengganu entry and this is her round up link. Nevertheless, I hope to get myself back on track with Wendy's MFF- KedahPerlis. At least with one entry I'm happy already! ^^
I'm fall in love with Wendy's Apam Perlis at first sight. Recipe is so easy to make. Since my son is growing up, he keep asking for supper and I prefer to prepare him a light snack. So this is it, I followed Wendy's Apam Perlis recipe with a little bit of twist.- For batter, I used : 200gm self raising flour, 300-325ml water, 2 tbsp of sugar, 1tsp of Eno fruit salt and 1tsp of pandan emulco.
- For the filling: I used 1 tin of sweet corn cream style (Usually used in our local ice kacang)
- Methods, I followed Wendy's every steps closely.
The crucial part is when the pancake is done and hot, immediately need to wrap the sweet corn filling and press the side to seal.
I really adore the fluffy batter mixture. I am sure the Wendy's recipe works for everyone.
Somehow, my pancakes not as smooth as hers....but the look, the size still bearable. If I would make this again, I want it to taste more sweet. Or maybe I should try to cook Wendy's custard. After all, it is a good try making this.
I am submitting this to MFF Kedah Perlis Month hosted by Wendy from Table of 2...... Or More. Do hop over to her blog for more great and excitement Kedah Perlis dishes.

Ok, don't mind these...but can't say it's my favourite.
ReplyDeleteAngeline,
ReplyDeleteMy boys love this too. I made some in Terengganu MFF.
But i found the ingredients is a bit different.
Can i try some of yours?? yum!
mui..^^
Oh ...really i didn't notice tat. I should go ur site n browse for it. What if i say i want to try on yours as well. Lol.
DeleteLooks so good, now I feel like making some also!
ReplyDeletethat's delicious! :) i bet the pandan and custard go really well
ReplyDeleteLatest: J for Japanese
Looks really beautiful. I must try it out one day.
ReplyDeleteThey are delicious, Angeline! Good for someone with sweet tooth like me :)
ReplyDeleteAnd as you commented, a little bit of salt for the batter would make it nicer.
very nice. dun worry you missed the terengganu one, there are still many states waiting for you to take part :)
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline, you did this apam very well, just like Wendy's, I don't think I have the time to submit any entry for this MFF Kelantan month too....and looks like I am running out of time for this month!
ReplyDelete