They are Fairy Cupcakes
During weekends I always cook porridge in the morning for my gal. One Sunday morning, I woke up as early as 6.30am to cook my gal's porridge. At that time, I feel like baking some cupcakes for a friend. She was a bit down with her personal matter a few days back. When I knew about the story, I feel terribly bad and I have no idea how to consult and comfort her. Hopefully my cupcakes will cheer her up. So that's it, while cooking my porridge over the stove, on the other hand I grab my baking tools to bake some cupcakes.
I always keep a ready packet cake mix in the house. Just in case I may need it. This time, I have this White Wings brand from Australia.
Fairy Cupcakes (Recipe courtersy of White Wings)
Cupcakes
1 pack of White Wings cake mix
60g of soften butter/margarine
2 large eggs
190ml milk
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Using electrical mixer to mix on low speed for 30seconds untill all well combine.
3. Increase the speed to medium and mix for antoher 4minutes.
4. Set up a few cupcakes liners and fill with the fine batter.
5. You will need probably 12-15 cupcakes liners.
6. Bake for preheated oven for 30minutes under 180C.
These are set to be bake...

My golden butter cupcakes turned out nicely. Look! some were over flow....
Next, Prepare the filling:
1/2cup diary whipped cream (I whipped it with 20gm of castor sugar)
11/2tbsp jam (I used my leftover Smucker's strawberry jam)
200gm icing sugar for dusting
First, cut a circle from the top for each cupcakes about 2cm deep and put aside.

Fill each cupcakes holes with strawberry jam and a dallop of generous whipped cream.

On the other side, cut the top part cake into halve.

Then placed it on top the cupcakes just like a wing position.

Lastly, dust icing sugar all over the pretty cupcakes.

Here you go, sending my friend a tray of 9 fairy cupcakes.
I wrote her a short notes sound like this:
"Dear W, may my Angel Fairy Cupcakes bring lots of happiness to your life. Cheer Up gal."





that's a nice thought of you!! I am sure your friend will cheer up after seeing this.
ReplyDeleteAw.. that's so sweet of you. Your friend will be happy upon receiving such beautiful cupcakes you made specially for her.
ReplyDeleteShe haven't look at it yet, the moment she saw me...she already shed into tears. I feel like crying but i stand strong and comfort her....you will know how hurt is it to lost someone you really love so much.
DeleteBeautiful cupcakes! You are such a nice friend!
ReplyDeleteOh dear Joyce, I missed out your comment. Just saw it. I'm not a nice friend actually. Hahaha! My kids were with me in the weekends, I didn't manage to out and shop some good stuff and herbs for her... feel bad if I visit her with empty hands..
DeleteThat's very sweet of you Angeline!
ReplyDeleteEh I am abit down too lately, cause just recovered from sick, can you send me some cupcakes too? :P
Sure...as i know u love chocolates....lol. hayley i'm not feeling well too.
Deletewow, they look so yummy! I'm drooling!
ReplyDeleteLooks so pretty and delicious! I would love to try sue, as I have never tried this type of cake before but heard everyone rave about it.
ReplyDeleteMich...look through the net. Fairy cakes are actually called cupcakes. But fairy cakes version is need to fill it with some jam n cream...place the other halve and position it like fairy wings!.
DeleteHi Anzerin, was at Yvonne's blog about to check out noticed your lovely profile smile and busybody over.
ReplyDeleteWow! I am impressed with your baking skills.
Outstanding!
Love those beautiful cupcakes, nice texture too. I think 4 pieces will do me fine.
You have a nice day, and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.
Uncle Lee, thanks for the compliments!
DeleteNice cupcakes and it seem very easy recipe. I'm sure your friend will feel better after received your lovely cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteVicky,ya I think she will.
DeleteAngeline,
ReplyDeleteYou are such a nice friend,
I love your fairy cupcakes. Your fairy cakes sure put a smiley on your friend's face;)
mui..^^
kam siah
DeleteSo sweet of your friend W, she must be very happy and thankful when seeing these fairy cup cakes. They looks like butterfly cup cakes to me. Just for ingredients, and they look so fantastic.
ReplyDeleteFairy cupcakes is just the name. I like it if they called it butterfly cupcakes
Delete