Whipped Cream - Sonia's Method
Whipped cream from non-dairy whipping cream (Sonia's Method)
I am lucky and found a pack of Vivo non dairy whipping cream used by Sonia...If you follow her blog closely she recommended this brand. Furthermore, whisking the cream do not required to place over a bowl of ice cold water. I'm not sure why, but the Sonia's step really works for me. *_^
Through her blog, she used 200gm of non diary whipping cream for 7" cake. So mine was 8" so used 300gm.
1. Remove non dairy whipping cream from freezer. (I placed under the fridge to defrost and remain it's cooling temperature)2. Weight the dairy whipping cream and place in a mixing bowl, let stand at room temperature for 5-20mins.
3. Beat over high speed 4 for 1 min and the cream started become creamy.
4. Continue to beat over high speed for another 2-3mins, it will become soft peaks.
5. Again, beat over high speed for another 2-3mins, it will become stiff peaks... I'm not sure again how stiff peaks was, but once I tested the whipped cream doesn't fall and can bearable stand, I think my whipped cream is ready.
Here is my rustic whipped cream all over the cake. Arghhh....need more practice! I let the whipped cake sat in the fridge for a while before decorating it. Coming up next, Garfield figure chocolate transfer.....
Quick Quick more post to update here before end of 2012.....







I would love the cream on my pancake yum!
ReplyDeletenever see this brand in spore.... give a good result from what i see...
ReplyDeleteI was just lucky to find this at our local Taiping here...
DeleteThanks for your mentioned.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome, your recipe really fantanstic
DeleteHi Anzerin, looking forward to your next posting. The whipped cream with strawberry compote sure taste good with scones.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week ahead.
You are already doing good Anzerin.. ;)
ReplyDeleteYa time flies right? It'll be 2013 soon!
Ahh... that Garfield cake that I super LOVE!!! Cant wait!
ReplyDeleteMerryn, please hold on to the next post up k...
DeleteHi Amelia, with scones? I haven't tried that before. Please hold on to the next post
ReplyDeleteYa time flies very fast...
ReplyDeleteFor non-dairy, I will use Vivo brand.. for dairy type, I use Anchor more... nice texture for both! of course I prefer the dairy type coz I can control the sugar..
ReplyDeleteGreat advice. Any post you can show me how to whisk using the dairy type?
DeleteI wonder how is your durian cake doing...
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely rustic frosted cake...LOL
mui..^^
Har so ugly, you still can say lovely....shame of me here...
Delete