CHRISTMAS 2013 - FRUIT CAKE

Fruit Cake
Recipe from Easy Stir 'n Bake Cakes Book by Kevin Chai
250g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp mixed spices
5 eggs
200g brown sugar
200ml corn oil
1tsp black treacle (I used cappuccino paste)
400g mixed fruits
60ml brandy
  • Grease and line a 23cm (9inches) round cake tin. Preheat oven to 160°C.
  • Combine plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and mixed spices in a mixing bowl.
  • Combine eggs, brown sugar, oil and black treacle ( I used cappuccino paste).
  • Stir into flour mixture with mixed fruits until well blended.
  • Pour the mixture into prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 50-60minutes or until cooked.
  • Stand for 10 minutes and turning on to wire rack to cool.
To store it: Wrap the fruit cake and sealed completely with aluminium foil before keeping it in the fridge.
 
This recipe is definitely great for those who don't have hand mixer or stand mixer. Pretty simple isn't it? Just stir and bake. I have another great recipe from just stir and bake which is the Zucchini Cake. 
Here I'm submitting my simple fruit cake to Cook-Your-Books #7 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and also to "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event which is hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.

Comments

  1. All mine given by people. Got some more, gonna save them for Chinese New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP, I was planning to bake some to you and the rest, but its all gone. I will bake more for CNY then

      Delete
  2. It looks colorful, good to make it for Christmas, hehe!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love very rich fruit cakes with plenty of nuts like those Australian ones & one can hardly see the flour!
    You made a successful fruit cake! You have my address, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I indeed wanna send it over to you guys for Christmas present but then all gone. I will bake some more next time. Need to adjust a little bit then - coz not enough of moisture.

      Delete
  4. So nice, wish that a piece is right in front of me right now, hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. FRUIT CAKE!!! oh, have i told you that i love fruit cake?? in fact i love all kinds of cake lah, hahaha.. but when i see fruit cake i probably will choose them.. but in the bakery shops, fruit cake can be so expensive lah, sometimes even one little slice also few ringgit, i also "bu she de" to buy, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and i read the comments upstairs!! Taiping Baking Queen is going to bake somemore fruit cakes and courier to all of us!! wow, hail the queen!! hahaha.. i think we are just joking lah, it will be a hassle to bake and send them to everyone.. but if you insisted on that, we also love that idea~~ hehehehe :p

      Delete
  6. so easy to prepare..I must try it one day. I personally like fruit cake with lots of nuts instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe stir and bake cakes are my fav! Less cleaning up to do and the kids can help out too.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thx for linking it to my Christmas event -Yen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like fruit cake! I am tempted to make it even though Xmas is over..heheh

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love brany fruit cake!!! I know it a bit late but Merry Christmas to you and family.

    Happy new year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HeLLo Angeline,
    I have eaten a fruit cake several times before. For this Christmas, my wife baked 4 different cakes but unfortunately, I didn't know their names. I just ate. Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy cake!

    Happy new year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great cake to give as present and serve during CNY too…but I am not going to bake any this year too many being served every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can get what you meant here. It was my first time trying to bake a fruit cake. But of course not every year.

      Delete
  13. Hi Angeline,
    Lovely cake! I have this book which I bought years ago and so far only have tried one recipe from it.
    This cake looks very moist and fruity!
    Thanks for linking with CYB!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts