Wedding Gift Wrapping Ideas
We are so pleased to hear that our ex-colleague, a Malay friend invited us to her wedding day. Of course we are so delighted to hear that and a few of us would love to observe her wedding ceremony. One of us from our department suggested that we should buy something for her.

Several of them are in charged to get those gifts. While me volunteer to buy wrapping papers to wrap all the gifts. I even got one wedding card to our dearest ex-receptionist, Shakila. Yeah, we got everyone to sign and written down our best wishes to the newly weds.

I got all the wrapping papers from Mr DIY shop. We didn't opened most of the boxes anymore as it already sealed nicely. Let me tell you, inside is a floral set of cups and saucers. This is the first piece I've wrapped. There's a big heart shape printed on the wrapping paper. So I try to move the paper to the a corner so we can actually see the heart shape from the side angle. On top, I made a simple ribbon from the excess paper which I've cut it earlier on.

Next piece was this - photo album. The wrapping paper looks simple and nice. So I try to make some pleated, so it doesn't look so plain. Then I taught one of my colleague to make the simple ribbon like above. She done a very good job there. Pretty simple isn't it?
The third gift was a floral teapot that will match with the cups and saucers. This third wrapping paper, I found that the designs were not printed on the center, so I cut it out the butterfly shape design first. Wrapped the whole box with the remaining paper. Then my friend helped me to cut the butterfly shape out nicely and stick on a piece of pink paper. Cut it out again and I stick at one side of the box.

The last give was a glassware set. Even the wrapping paper is one of my favorite ones. The hues of the purple color is so charming and absolutely gorgeous. If I have ample of time, I should made something on the "Harvest" word. Furthermore, I love the bow ties too. The idea just came across my mind, so I just do it with the remaining paper.
So here you are the complete set of wedding gifts for the newly weds couple. You might think the wrapping papers are costly. I have to say that it is only 80cents a piece. Always remember to fully utilized the wrapping paper. Even you have a small paper cut out, please keep it for a good reason. A very simple idea is to make bookmarks for your kids. How to do it, I'll show you all next time wokie? So what will you usually do with the rest of the remaining wrapping paper?

Keep those for next gift wrap?
ReplyDeleteOooo...very pretty, very very nice!
ReplyDeleteWow....is beautiful wrapped and I am sure the newly wed will be very delighted to see such a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteWah ... You really good at wrapping gifts ! It's so nice !
ReplyDeletevery nice...
ReplyDeleteYou sure are very good in wrapping gifts =)
ReplyDeletewow.. I salute! I am one of those who doesn't know how to wrap nicely... 80 sen is very cheap... those sold in the malls are almost 2rm... :)
ReplyDeleteno wonder you volunteered to do the wrapping for the gifts, because that must be your best skills, and we all can see that from the gifts you have wrapped.. simple AWESOME!! :)
ReplyDeletei admit i am lousy in doing this, haha!! except those rectangular boxes with straight edges that can be wrapped easily, i think i will have problems wrapping gifts.. even for boxes that are easy to wrap, i may end up wrapping them in a mess, not to mention having the patterns and other ornaments for them :p
Deletelooking at the gifts you have wrapped.. i think you like purple?? because three of four wrapping papers are purple in color.. nice, because i like simple designs and not those wrapping papers that comes with colorful and huge prints and messy arrangements..
Deleteonly 80 sen a piece, that's very cheap!! nowadays i think the cheapest we can get here is RM1 a piece.. and usually i will keep the paper if the size is reasonably bigger and can used for wrapping int he future.. else, those small slivers or cuts will just be dumped away.. never have thought of keeping them and make them into the extra decorations and ornaments like you did for the gifts above!! hmmm, nice idea, i shall save them in the future.. :)
Deletemaybe if you thinking of quitting your job, you can work in departmental stores as the customer service to help the customers wrap their gifts.. surely customers will like the wrapping service and you will be the best employee for every year!! hahaha~~
DeleteSK, I used to wrap hampers in a sundry shop and also worked as Anakku promoter before...yeah wrap hampers lor..
DeleteNot actually to pick all purple colors. Instead of rojak colour, there got a variety of purple color designs. So it is for a wedding, so I bought most if in purple theme.
DeleteWow. Very pretty. If me, i wouldnt want to unwrap the presents. Haha.
ReplyDeleteYou are very creative. The presents look so nice all wrapped up with ribbons and bows.
ReplyDeleteThose are sure lovely. :)
ReplyDelete