Second thought

I bought some green apples and Kawan Pastry thought of making apple pies last weekend. Using the same apple filling recipe from Ina Garten that I've made for the first time over HERE.
Simple wrap up, glaze the top with egg wash and sprinkle some almond flakes. (Try to use up the left ingredients from my previous bakings).
Calvin got school the next day. Calvin was asking for more apple pies since he knew I still have some apple filling in the fridge. I told him is not too good to take so many heaty stuffs, you know lar these days the weather is freaking hot and hazy. Ended, his second thought was...
 
"Mummy can you wrap the apple filling with slices of bread for me?".
I was like..."Hmm, how come I never think of that?"
 
So with his second thought I managed to use up all the apple fillings. Since it was refrigerated, I just use the microwave to warm up the filling and wrap it with bread. Super easy and tasty too.

Comments

  1. Creative. I am sure the yummy fillings fit anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, gimme 5! I like (and use) Kawan pastry too! I always have at least 2 packets in my freezer.. I use it to make tuna puffs, sardine puffs, sausage+onion puffs, or simply top on (any creamy) soup on the ramekins before baking... All very simple stuffs, but very good & buttery taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boy is so good as still bringing snack box from home. My boy prefers to buy from his school's canteen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son said those canteen food looks boring...everytime almost the same dishes. So I feel worth it to wake up early and prepare for him. But not always. When I'm busy I'll get him bread from bakery shop.

      Delete
  4. You have a smart son there. He can come up with the suggestion to put the apple fillings in bread to make a sandwich instead of sulking that you do not want to let him bring the apple pies to school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh!!! They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy !! I'm sure it's better than mcd apple pie !

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, you posted this yesterday?? hmmm, strange because it did not appear on my blog roll leh.. i think something wrong with my blog roll, haha.. i remember many times your post updates came like one day later.. because on that day itself, it still shows your old post, only the next day, baru can see your updates "1 day ago"..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, clever Calvin.. actually i do find his idea brilliant!! and comparing the photos, somehow using the bread to "giaap" the apple filling is nicer hahaha!! ooopsss, sorry for my language, so not elegant hor?? it's bread slice wrapping the apple filling~~ hahahaha!! :D

      Delete
    2. true also lah, Calvin should listen to mommy.. hot weather recently and it's better to cut down eating heaty things, and also to save effort for mommy mah.. instead of having to do all the baking, just "giaap", ooopsss sorry, just wrap the filling with bread and pak!! it's done.. so simple and yet so tasty and healthier too..

      Delete
    3. and Calvin mommy also took the trouble to heat the wraps up in the microwave.. if given Uncle SK, sure just hantam aje with the cold one, haha!! actually i think both ways also nice to eat lah, each also got their own 風味 mah.. just like i actually like to eat the 怡保鹽焗雞 cold, but many people would be in doubt and thought "nice meh??" :p

      Delete
    4. YER!!!! why eat liddat, preheat lar come on.... Unless you want to "giaap" with bread or make cold salad then that is fine with me... Muahaha

      Delete
    5. eih, nice lah eating it cold, more flavorful leh especially if you left it overnight in the fridge.. that's gwai lo style mah eating cold chicken :p

      Delete
  8. Calvin is so creative, nice!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELICIOUS! I love the puff...the skin is so flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angeline, you're invited to join my latest event called 'International Yeasted Recipe'. You can share whatever recipe which is created with yeast from your kitchen. Hope to see you there soon.
    Have a great week ahead dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts