Simply American
After watching too much of Asian Food Channel (Astro Channel 703) and Food Network Asia (Astro Channel 727), I'm very keen to make a very quick and simple sweet onions topping that goes very delicious with hot dog like the Americans do.

Get a few sweet onions and simply chop or it can be slice thinly as you wish. I prefer to roughly chop, so it easier to bite and not messy at all. Saute the chop onions with some oil. Then add some brown sugar and light soy sauce to taste. I even add a spoon of Mirin instead of vinegar to flavor the caramelized onions. Just cook until it soften. Set aside and let it cool.

Just get hot dog buns.

To remain a healthy snack, I just boiled the sausages than frying it. No worries, it will look smarter and glazed when it combine with the caramelized onions.

They are just about the best hot dog topping ever, don't you think?

Get some cling wrapper to wrap if you're on the go mood. Prefect snack for breakfast til supper!!!

I made it for my son's snack box. For him, everything is awesome!!!

Looks good, must be very yummy!!! =]
ReplyDeleteKids sure love hot dog bun.
ReplyDeletewow, perfect! I like to just boil the sausages too rather than frying..
ReplyDeleteYour son must be so happy to be eating this hotdog bun. Yummy!
ReplyDeleteI go for frying, the unhealthy way more delicious :P
ReplyDeleteWait... This looks familiar.. It has a name.. Sauerkraut, something like that.. German kinda name.. You can see this in every German restaurant serving burgers, meat or in any of their sausage platter.. I think even in Tony Roma's you can see this in one of their burger menu (forgotten the name)..
ReplyDeleteSmart girl, boiling the sausages instead of frying it.. Pssst, tell you something, I microwave my sausages as well. Chuck them in the oven, drizzle some butter and *ting*, kautim.. But boiling is more healthy, no oil splatters and all..
I loves this too...
ReplyDeleteWow .... looks good.
ReplyDeleteNice. I'd throw in some lettuce, tomato, cucumber too...if I can find any in the fridge.
ReplyDeletePlus cheese, an egg, cili sauce and mayonaise! Yummzz, kekekeke..
DeleteI prefer to boil sausage than frying too. Yums. Onions look goooood!
ReplyDeleteI have been browsing on-line greater than three hours
ReplyDeletetoday, yet I by no means found any interesting
article like yours. It is lovely value enough for me. In my
opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably
did, the internet can be a lot more helpful than ever before.
my blog acufeni
Wow, simply yummy too!
ReplyDeleteGood idea to add mirin! I love caramalised onions too. But most of the time too lazy to make. hehe.
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteI love caramelized onions. They are good tossed in pasta too!
A yummy lunch box, your boy must be smiling!
delicious, I think I will like to have coleslaw!
ReplyDeleteI have read a few good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
ReplyDeleteI surprise how much effort you put to make this sort of
wonderful informative website.
Review my web site - revertir la Diabetes ebook
When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her brain that how
ReplyDeletea user can be aware of it. Therefore that's
why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!
Feel free to visit my site :: come dimagrire in fretta
Attractive section of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to
ReplyDeleteclaim that I get actually loved account your weblog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing for your augment or even I achievement you access
persistently quickly.
my homepage :: Come Perdere peso in fretta