Coleslaw Pasta

Another short post for today.
Danny and Calvin like coleslaw very much. I find it's kind of plain if always prepare the same coleslaw for my boys at home.
I wanted to put raisins and nuts, but don't think my hubby will like it. Then I remembered I bought a packet of Fusili pasta from Tesco earlier. Cook the pasta and rinse it under cold water.
The coleslaw I prepared ahead, so the cabbage and carrot are slightly soft and marinated with the salad dressing. Soon, I combined the pasta with the coleslaw and mix well. You can serve immediately if you want to. Since they are all still sleeping, so I chilled the salad in the fridge and prepare other stuffs for our weekend brunch.

Comments

  1. Coleslaw tastes better when it served chill! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, coleslaw post today.. The picture loaded very slowly on my screen.. But halfway loading, I know it's a slaw liao.. I love slaws.. I know you mentioned b4 you don't fancy KFC slaw right.. But this time, me opposite with you jor.. I like KFC slaw mixed with the mash, eat together.. Hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You very rajin shred the vegetables.. You use shredder or you chop chop chop with knife? I don't have a shredder.. So if wana make slaw or ju-hu-char, have to slice using knife, but I never cook ju0hu-char before la.. My mum expert in it, not me.. But I know it's not hard to make, depends whether I wana learn or not only hor..

      Delete
    2. Hmm, you are very creative to mix the pasta with the slaw.. Nice to eat chilled, like you said.. For me leh, when I see the word chilled, I think of potato salad.. I love potato salad.. Potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, maceroni, mayonaise, served chilled.. This is my favourite.. I can eat the whole salad bowl !!

      Delete
    3. Since I'm a big eater, I tend to make more if I make potato salad.. Coz I know I can wallop very fast.. Put the whole bowl in the fridge (with the spoon), then "chut yat tam, yap yat tam" (walk in one mouth, walk out one mouth).. I will keep opening the fridge and dig the salad every now & then..

      Delete
    4. What else you made for brunch? Seems like there are other food coming up..

      Delete
  3. coleslaw.. hmmm, I think coleslaw is the first "salad" that I've came across.. growing up in a chinese family, we were not quite exposed to western cuisine last time.. the more western cuisine we had that time was probably McD and KFC!! haha, and I first gotta know the thing about salad was likely the coleslaw from KFC!! hehe.. but then I gotta say, I hate their coleslaw, I think they are so badly done if compared to the other restaurants..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many people are also the same like me, the first salad was probably coleslaw.. so common and so easy, that when one thinks of salad they mean coleslaw!! haha.. but of course now that we have so many choices, I already seldom choose coleslaw but other more interesting salads la.. I try to stay away from creamy type, you know la they are fattening ma.. so I would prefer those with light dressing, sometimes the veggie already taste nice so little but of dressing would be enough.. :)

      Delete
    2. and I like the idea of having fusilli in the salad!!! it actually taste good!! never tried that with coleslaw before, but with some onions and capsicum drizzled with olive oil and little bit of vinegar, it's so good!! and also with tuna, aiyoh, makes me so hungry now leh!! and your coleslaw pasta, looks good and I am sure your boys love it to the brim yeah?? but why you didn't mention the girls?? haha, Hebe doesn't like it??

      Delete
    3. Ulam is Malay version of salad so coleslaw is not the first salad I tried. LOL

      Delete
  4. your salad look really nice like those in the hotel..none of my people in the house like to eat salad, no chance for me to prepare dish like this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coleslaw... and very clever of you to mix coleslaw with pasta... I have never tried that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also don't like raisins and nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice annd filling. Healthy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making me hungry, KFC coleslaw my fav, long time never make potatoe salad already..

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, pasta coleslaw is yummy. The dessert served on board the plane has this type.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've some of the organic wholemeal spirals left...but don;t think I'll make this. Sigh!!!! Wonder what I can cook with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks healthy but I wonder how it tasted ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love coleslaw, yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts