Express snack box

Take a glimpse: I really salute to those mummy who prepare lovely and hearty Bento for their children. Some Bento designs are very impressive. But do you think the portion prepared is far too much? I don't think one kid can finish it all. School recess time the most is 20 minutes - eat, break and toilet time. Quite rush you know!
Being a mom (full time or not), we always think and do the best we could for our kids. The good example is we provide them with daily healthy and nutritious food. But how many of us have the ample of time and wake up early every morning to prepare the food? Frankly speaking, I don't prepare snack box for my son everyday. I can be lazy and too tired to wake up. If I have time also, I will try to make simple and hassle free express lunch box for my son with a little effort of creativity. Just like this one I prepared for him today. How I came out this? Let's see...
Today is the first day (初一) of the 4th month in Chinese calender. Usually MIL will buy some kuih and buns for morning prayers. So I got one mini pandan lotus paste pao for my son's snack box today. Okie...I even peel off the skin for my son,it's easy for him lor....hehehe...
Grab some sweet and juicy grapes from the fridge. Skew them with nice picks to make it more attractive.
Mummy here likes to make use all the leftovers ingredients from the fridge. Last Sunday we had sushi. Yeah, my son request for it many times. Probably this weekend I'll make again. So this is the left ones in the fridge - Japanese cucumber.
Lastly, this is what I prepared in the morning. Sweet corns with butter and salt to taste. I didn't purposely buy the corns but it was again the balance left from my MIL's soup. For me, I'll just "campak" - throw all in the soup. I have no idea why she left "sekerat" - 1 portion inside the fridge? Not only this but she likes to keep a lil bit here and there. At the end, she will keeps buying new ones and forget about the old ones in the fridge. Tsk Tsk.... Since she cooks for us, I have nothing to say and just keep quiet lor.
 
 

Comments

  1. I like the transport pick, they're so cute!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Look at the grapes! They look cute like aliens from science fictions.
    You sound like a lazy mummy but I like. Can I adopt you as my mummy too?

    Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....you got your honey prepare bento for you leh....right?

      Delete
  3. wow, that's great. You have the time to prepare yr son's snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picks are too cute! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your lunch box.. Simple but wholesome and yummy food.. Yep, agree with you, I too, am a lazy and tired mum most of the time, I don't think I can wakeup and prepare cute cute stuffs for my kid la, just like I see from the net..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I've only used shapes mould to "chop" into shapes on my pancake or bread, that's all.. Kz was not attracted to it, by the way.. I tried arranging cute stuff on the plate for him, face and rabbits and all, but he is still picky!

      Delete
    2. Wasted all my effort.. So hubby said nex time no need to make into cute stuff la.. Eat what we eat, when we eat.. Wana eat, then eat.. Don't wana eat, it's ok, no forcing, he says..

      Delete
    3. I will also make-do with whatever I have in the fridge.. Apa yang ada :)

      Delete
    4. Ya lor... my husband will say nothing one

      Delete
  6. I've seem mums blogging about the bento boxes they prepared for their kids to school. Amazing!!! My time, I was given 20 sen a day to buy the tasteless noodles at the school canteen. Sobssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be this way lar... I make for you ok.

      Delete
  7. I also admire those mums with good bento skill. I am not that hardworking and artistic in preparing such food. hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, me is like those copy and paste mummy... hehehe

      Delete
  8. Nice snack box. Reminds me of those delightful bento that Annie used to make for her sons

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, always see friends sharing very nice and adorable bento box on FB (either they did those or somebody did those and they shared).. of course i am really impressed with those so-cute-i-am-not-willing-to-touch-and-to-eat bento lor.. got happy face, got cartoon characters and macam-macam.. so visually enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually simple ones like what you did for Calvin also looks nice leh.. no need to be so complicated lah, afterall also goes into the stomach and then all came out as the same thing in the end mah, hahahaha!! ooopsss, sorry for being mean and gross.. but i think those are to attract the kids to eat more, if the kid is not picky about food, i think just the right amount and a balanced one would do.. like what you showed here, i think this is the right one i would like to have!!

      Delete
    2. kids nowadays are always so lucky.. remember last time, we didn't have such bento one lah.. parents just give you money and you run to the canteen as soon as the bell rings (cos would be very crowded with students in the canteen if you are late, late and you may not have food to buy anymore).. if got something to bring to school, i will be very proud already leh, be it just some cakes or biscuits..

      Delete
    3. lotus paste pao, sweet corn, cucumber and grapes!! hey, nice lah, no need to be fancy also lah, but i think this is very healthy and sure Calvin enjoyed that so much.. and those grapes are decorated with those very cute little skewer with trains and aeroplanes leh, aiyoh!! if i were given this type of bento ah, i sure will show off in front of classmates one, haha!! but then i think nowadays many kids are quite taking things for granted and won't really bothered by all these hor??

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts