Taiping Old House Museum

Hi everyone, I'm still in the busy mode. But I will try my best to blog from time to time. Please bear with me here.
We've visited the Zoo and the Museum as I mentioned in my previous posts
This round, Calvin's friends didn't tag along because they have something on after the half day morning tour at Taiping Zoo and the Museum. So we had our own lunch and since we still have time, I decided to visit the Taiping Old Museum which recently just open during this year CNY.
The Old House Museum is a corner shop situated along Jalan Taming Sari. You can even see the clock tower (Jalan Pasar) by the side. It is even easier to describe the place - Just opposite the famous Ipoh Bakery at Taiping town.
 Entrance fee of Adult :RM5 and Children :RM3
Operation Hour : 10am to 5pm
There are certain parts like this huge walls, doors and windows are the original vintage design of this old house. Kinda like the olden Baba & Nyonya house decor.
For your information: This house is not belongs to the owner of all the antiques display here. The initial owner of the antique items told me that he rented this house as a display of all his antiques collection. Mr Tan personally owns an antique shop at Taiping area too. This rented house is taken care by him and his wife. To an extend, the alter table is still there and has not been removed - therefore, both of them continue to pray the ancestors as a repsect of their existence.
I found this very interesting. Mr Tan used this water pump, he said it still useful to them.
I'm attracted to this vase too displaying at a corner.
Very rare to see this big and deep ceramic pot now.
He has a few food tiffin carrier.
 More over here...
These trays still can be found, but it gonna be an antique in more years to come.
The firemen manual water hose
My grandma's house also got one of this steel iron.
We are approaching to the second floor of this house. Look at this olden days calender.
This house got the 3rd floor too. But it is still under maintenance. Mr Tan said he will display more items in the 3 rd floor.
All the old items here actually bring lots of memory for some people when they were young - like my grandma and our parents time. My son also found it interesting to know each and everything display here.
I miss this paper dolls cut out, mix and match -  ages like our kids right now only can remember Barbies doll.
I wonder how Mr Tan got this from? Cute right? This is actually a car toy for those rich and famous kids in the olden days.
Vroom Vroom...
MILLS Slot Machines
My son said why he can't find this at Tesco?
Anyone can guess what is this? Or can tell what is this for?
These are all the women's accessories displayed in one fo the room on the 2nd floor.
The non electric fan
My boy looking at the black and white photos...
Olden time greeting cards...
 Some British collections.
This tricycle reminds me of Donald Duck going to fetch Daisy from her house.
 
I have more photos actually... but I can't do it all here. Sorry. Probably you need to come over here to have a look - if got chance to visit Taiping.

Comments

  1. Elo sweetie, aiya, don't worry about blogging too much, you have all the time in the world to do it slowly.. If too bz, settle your stuff first k.. Settle one thing at a time.. We are always here, waiting for your updates..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been raining everyday here, somemore still got water rationing.. Sien you know.. Although we still have water from the tank, but still, no mood ger ma.. Two days with water, two days without.. Rain until banjir somemore wana ration water, really don't un..

      Delete
    2. Opps, out of topic I know..

      Ok, 3 things attracted me: The vase, the tiffins and the toy cars.. I am imagining if the kids (my kids I mean) accidentally break the vase, dunno how.. I don't think I can afford to "phui" back to the museum.. If Kz sees the toy cars, bet he will grab it immediately..

      Delete
    3. The other day, we were shopping in Jusco.. There was this Thomas & Friends promotion with Dutch Lady.. Buy any Dutch Lady products worth RM20, and you get a Thomas train.. Kz naik gila after seeing the Thomas displays and kept making noise.. So we bought RM20 worth of Dutch Lady products (chocolate milk, coffee milk & full cream mil), just to get that one Thomas train.. Duh..

      Delete
  2. How nice to go sightsee in one's own place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks interesting..I should visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, what are you busy with ar?

    Anyway, I passed by this shop very often, but never thought of visiting it, cause I don't know what to do inside, hoho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many things leh...previously busy with Treasure Hunt preparation - lucky draw, hotel, meetings...then got meetings for GST implementation, gone for training, then next month I still need to attend training again. and most of all busy with my kids at home lor... sounds very very busy hor...

      Delete
    2. Got training at Singapore bo? hehe...

      Delete
  5. It's a good idea. Converting an old shop house to showcase his collectibles. Look very nostalgic inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting museum. All those old antiques, feel nostalgic in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loves the picture of your son vroom vroom, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss those paper dolls cut out, mix and match too, those are around my time too, love them so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very nice. I would want to visit should I ever drop by Taiping. Love those tiffin carriers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts