#034 - Japanese Mood

I like this frozen saba fish from Aeon. Thaw the fish, check for bones, cut into chunks and marinated with teriyaki sauce left it overnight. Early in the morning fry the fish until cook and fragrant. Leftover of the marinated sauce, pour over and let it simmer until the sauce thickening. End with some sesame seeds.

Kids get bored with bread for the past fortnight. Mummy here need to be a little bit more hardworking to do some snack for my son to bring to school. So I need to crack my head to think what should I prepare for them.

Instead of vinegar, I used furikake the Japanese seasoning and mix in the hot rice. Rice can cooked overhead and everything comes with planning. Should be fine. I woke up at 5.20am and finish around 6.40pm. Managed to roll up 4 sushi rolls cut into half I got 8 rolls.

Hahaha, showing you this - Tamago. I supposed to wrap this inside my sushi too, but I didn't because the teriyaki saba fish is good enough and flavored. This egg is cooked and can kept in the fridge for tomorrow kid's snack box. They just like it. So tomorrow will be another sushi day for them.
Post about my daily food is better, I guess need to postponed my Aus trip again.

My girl makes her own sushi too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a delicious lunch for your son! you are a diligent and dedicated mother.
ReplyDeleteYour sushi rolls look so delicious! So perfect for bringing as school or office lunch.
ReplyDeleteYour son is so lucky to have you pack sushi lunch for him, thumbs up for being such a diligent and loving mother
ReplyDeleteMummy so hardworking making snacks for kids to bring to school. Lucky kids. ^^
ReplyDelete