"七月七" falls on Saturday
Every year we will be invited by our ex-colleague for this festival. I feel bless and appreciate Winnie's invitation. The past few years, it always falls on the weekdays. So during 1 hour lunch, we will go to Winnie's place together with other colleagues. After praying, we will invited for a round table lunch which prepared by Winnie's relatives. Last Saturday, was my off day. I went there a bit early this time, to pray and "Tim Yao". Then chit chat with Winnie for a moment and also help them to set the lunch table.
This year we have blanch vege with wolf berries, rendang chicken, sweet and sour fish, combination of roasted pork and chicken, lor hon chai, "yao char kwai" fritters with mayo and chicken soup.
This shot was taken by Calvin. His fav dish. Yup, he followed me to the prayers as well.
Then, by noon I met several of my colleagues arrived. Those who are early is Ms Leong, Ms Tan, Ms Khong and Evon family.

Oh I miss the food!!
ReplyDeleteYa, I should call you and fetch you that day! Tsk Tsk....I'll keep in mind...
ReplyDeleteYou have such nice colleagues. The food looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteWah.. I missed this event because it was on a saturday this year :)
ReplyDeleteHopefully next year I'll be able to join it.
I went there a bit late. Didn't see you. The food is really yummy. I love all the dishes.
ReplyDeleteYan: I think by the time you reach, I just left.
ReplyDeletei didnt see much people celebrating this festival in my neighbourhood. Infact i forgot abt this day until that morning i passed by some paper merchant shop and saw those 'kits' hanging up there. In the older days, people said they prayed to bless for their children for happy marriage, did your colleague do that for the same reason?
ReplyDeleteLena, I think so. Her family and other relatives worship this every year.
ReplyDeleteOhhh... your friend actually celebrate this day, now we too... hv not choice but join the celebration since it's my boy's Birthday!^^
ReplyDeletewow, such a grand celebration. this looked like a lot of fun :)
ReplyDelete