中秋節快樂
Since the mooncake merchants price goes up every year. Of cos they have new, unique, innovative ideas of making new mooncake to attract customers. But nowadays, everyone love and enjoy making mooncake at home. Barb and Yan have try out Alice recipe. This time is my turn, hehehe.... Never thought of doing it, until last weekend my MIL mentioned about the simple chocolate ice cream mooncake... Then, we gave it a try, see how well we can do it. Since my MIL busy making the jelly mooncake, I volunteer to try out the chocolate ice cream mooncake recipe from Alice.
As usual, we may need mooncake/pudding or chocolate mould, Ice cream and cooking chocolate for this recipe. Family members love chocolate so much. The cooking chocolate, I chose this Tulip brand. The smell and the texture is just perfect for coating.
Double boiled the cooking chocolate. I notice something here, if the chocolate is too dilute, it won't do the coating well. So I try a thicker(smooth but not too thick) mixture to coat or swirl around the mould easily and faster.
Quite messy during the swirling the chocolate. After the coating, put in the fridge for 5-10 mins.
Take out from the fridge and pour in the ice cream. Put in the fridge once again to harden the ice cream. Maybe about 45mins - 1 hour. It depends on the size of the mould. If it is a larger mould, longer time need to freeze the ice cream. Not too full, later on need to cover another layer of cooking chocolate on top the ice cream as the base.
Hahaha...another messy job here...but after all it turn out nicely which is without my expectation.
Woo Hoo, Calvin also excited about this ice cream mooncake. Out from the fridge, slightly slightly bend the mould and you will hear the cracking sound...Pop out the Mickey Mouse ice cream mooncake...
HAPPY MID AUTUMN EVERYONE!

ooo....your melted choc texture is really good! i like how yours turn out. mine was thick :( have to try it out again :D Happy Chung Chau to you and your family :)
ReplyDeleteEveryone is trying out this recipe :) I haven't start mine yet. Will try to adjust into baking mood...
ReplyDeleteHappy Mid Autumn Festival to you and your family! Now it was your turn eh..hehe..looks good lah.
ReplyDeleteThis looks real easy and fun. I am going to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteNow that is ingenious trying,,,,,hey sorry late here wishing you chung chew zia kuai le,,,,,,,,
ReplyDeleteYours are looking better than mine. May be i need to make it more dilute next time.
ReplyDeleteYan, I also wanna try it out again. Something to improve the chocolate coating process. Wanna make it more even and less messy.
ReplyDeleteImagine, Starbucks ice cream mooncake not cheap eh...
Everyone is making this! It's like a "virus" infecting one home to another hehe. I wanna make too if I have those cute moulds.
ReplyDeleteYour final product is very neat and nice although a bit messy halfway. Must be very delicious too! :) Happy belated mid-autumn festival to you and your family.
Wow, you've done such wonderful job! I have delay my post on this for so long. Thanks for reminding me. Btw, you need to make more.
ReplyDeleteKristy
Kristy not more in qtty actually, I wanted to say that I intend to make it more even n less messy next time Hahaha....
ReplyDeleteWah why so many of you bloggers also make this mooncake one? hehe..
ReplyDelete