Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Russets Potatoes, also well known as US potatoes. For making mashed poatatoes, russets is best choice.
Step 1: Clean and peel off the skin.
Cut in chunks with similar size ( so all will cooked and soften at the same time).
Covered with water and bring it to boil. Add some salt in the water to taste. It will takes approximately 20-30 mins, depends how many potatoes you put in. Here I used 4 large potatoes.
Calvin help me to smash the potatoes.
Step 2: Gradually add 2 tablespoon of butter and smash till the potatoes are smooth (no lumps). Butter will thickening the potatoes and have a wonderful fragrant once you mix it together. If you love the buttery smell then, you can add more. Add some pepper to taste. Initially, I already added salt in the water. When it is ready, set aside.
Mashed potatoes gravy
Step 3: I boiled some chicken stock earlier. Removed the meat and bones, cos' we just need the stock. Bring it to a boil with 1 tablespoon of butter. Once it is boiling, set to low fire and add in plain flour slowly.(Approximately 2 tablespoon of plain flour). Add 1 spoon at a time. Stir gradually under low fire until the gravy is thickening. More soup it may need more flour for thickening. It all depends how much you need.

Do notice that, KFC mashed potatoes gravy which is in dark brown color? Hahaha...mine was pale at the first place. Then I add some black soya sauce! It turn out slightly brownish...ok lar...
Here you are, my first attempt in making mashed potatoes. Scoop one large mashed potatoes and top with my brown sauce.

Here you are my homemade mashed potatoes. Purely and no preservation. Calvin said it taste like KFC one *Thumbs Up*
Here you are my homemade mashed potatoes. Purely and no preservation. Calvin said it taste like KFC one *Thumbs Up*
P/S: If you don't have time to make your own gravy. I think you are able to get the instant brown sauce from KNORR.


Look really good, Angeline.
ReplyDeleteMmm...wholesome mash potatoes. thanks for sharing. will try this out :D
ReplyDeleteReally looks like the KFC kind haha. I love butter mash potato but never made the gravy before :)
ReplyDeleteAi @ Sakura Haruka
Yummmyyyyyyy, it really look like KFC ones. I wish I could try some of it,
ReplyDeleteI love mashed potatoes, simply delicious!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks awfully yummy!!!!!! I am a fan of potatoes!!!
ReplyDelete*jot*jot* I love mashed potato :)
ReplyDeleteWill try it out some day.
Ooh I also love this! The recipe that I follow includes milk too... so I usually add milk, butter, salt and pepper before I start mashing it. I've never cooked the brown sauce before. Will try it one day. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThe mashed potatoes look very nice! And Happy Belated Birthday to papa Smurf, your hubby :-)
ReplyDeleteDora: He is not my hubby, it is just my colleague...lol
ReplyDeleteSo hardworking la! When I make mashed potatoes, I'm normally too lazy to make the sauce.
ReplyDeleteN you somemore make your own chicken stock. Really "tabik"!
i love the kfc mashed potatoes too.... thks for sharing the recipe. And i think that brown sauce is good for chicken chop too. Wah..making me wanna eat western food now. hahaha
ReplyDelete