All work and no play makes Calvin a dull boy

Besides attending 3 weeks of holiday class, back at home I fully ultilized his time with some fun activities. Same like other parents, not wanting their kids spending more times on the TV and Ipad games or even doing nothing at home.

I get him started with art at home. Surprised him with using potatoes and french beans. Eh hem, besides taking care of Hebe, I just grab anything from the kitchen will do.
 Calvin enjoying printing on the drawing paper. I showed him how to make a tortoise...
 Then some rambutans and purple durians too.
 From the french breans, can even make grapes and a tree as well. I guide him with the color combinations. Easy right?

Calvin started to play big pieces of puzzles when he is 2yo. But right now he managed to complete a 96pieces puzzles. For the first time, he tried and he finished it about an hour plus, but later on he can completed in a shorter period.
 The Cars puzzle doesn't look easy right? But he can completed it very fast. Then I challenge him with another complicated puzzles.
 Calvin patienly sit down and taking every pieces to match the puzzle board. I wanted to give some hint, but he refused it most of the time. He will say like that to me "Don't kacau me".
 I bought him a Transformer puzzle, cost only RM3.50. He started to form the name first which is easy to find those pieces.
He patiently matched every pieces. I noticed the puzzle is quite hard to fix, even myself also can't really match the exact pieces.
At last, he finished the puzzle in 2 hours time. Then other days, he asked me to help him to pour out the puzzle and he done it again within 1hour.

Besides above activities, I let him do colouring using crayons and do some maths exercise at home. Once a while, I let him used my laptop at home to play fun activities from the official Barney website which also have corporate link to other features animation cartoons like Thomas and Friends, Bob the builder and so on. Calvin just know how to click and click only. At least he learn how to use the mouse.

Comments

  1. I remember this kinda painting using vegetables.. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mommy is so good at keeping him occupied with fun activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one..i like the rambutan. Looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to find time for Calvin after having Hebe :) I've always envy your time management. You seem to schedule well for your family.

    Puzzles are good to train children's patient. My kids are poor in puzzle, they give up after a few minutes of trying *shake head*

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all very healthy activities for Calvin. The paintings with potatoes and french beans are lovely. Calvin is such a patience boy, he can solve a tough puzzle for such a long hours. Thumbs up for you mummy for raising your boy well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne & Yan: Thanks for your compliments. Most of the time, I prepared it earlier. When baby sleep, I do my work and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember doing this when i was a kid

    Dropping by to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year. Keep blogging!

    kathy
    http://www.smallkucing.com
    http://mamakucingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts