CNY 2012 - 8TH & 9TH DAY

MIL made "Ang Ku" to worship The Jade Emperor. She made some for my mother too. Aren't it lovely?
On the 8th night (preparing) and when the clock strikes 12a.m which is the next day 9th, Hokkien people will worshiping The Jade Emperor 玉皇大帝. Usually we'll start to pray about 11pm something, then about 12a.m the praying is almost done. Pai Ti Kong is the most grand prayers for Hokkienese. After praying, my mom cooked Mee Sua for us and we had it with Siuk Yok (Roasted Pork) and the rest of the yummy food and snack. We gone back home about 2a.m in the morning. We quickly get ourselves ready to sleep cos the next day, both hubby and I'll be back to work again and Calvin also need to go to school.
Hebe stayed with my mom after that night. She sleeps so deeply, not even bother about the fire works...Hubby said Taiping town was just like a war zone! Wakaka.
Good Night and Sweet Dreams

Comments

  1. woah that's really a lot of food. I think that's the first time I've seen green ang ku kueh too.

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a grand celebration at your mother's place. I didn't pray this year, because it was a school day the next morning. No holiday for my girl, just like Calvin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After praying, still got misua to feast. Envy. Hebe is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, firecrackers everywhere that night!
    It's another important event for the Chinese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he, my place here also like war zone....really loud fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. drool on the 'ang ku'. you ae really lucky to have a mil and mother who are so good in cooking and baking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is the little Hebe getting along,I am sure she is doing great with loads of TLC in the house,right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angeline,

    I want to ask you more about the confinement lady that u hired as i intend to engage her service for my second delivery. Do you have email or FB? mayb we can talk more about that from there. You may find my FB thro winnie_7977@yahoo.com (Winnie Fong)

    Hope to hear from you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts