Ciabatta - Free and Easy Bake Along #20
This week we all baked Ciabatta in Bake Along event together with Joyce, Zoe and Lena. Ciabatta is a very famous Italian white bread. Ciabatta means slipper, that is why their shape slightly oblong and flat.
Adapted Ciabatta recipe from here No knead Ciabatta Bread video clip from Youtube. The method is fast and no bread mixer or stand mixer is needed.
There's no poolish or biga fermented process either. This recipe is so easy and that's it. I combine all the ingredients together overnight at least 15-18hours. The dough will doubled the size or even more. Causion: The mix dough is very wet and sticky. This is a good sign actually.
The next evening right after work, I went to check my sticky dough out. Looks good to me. Then is about time for just a lil bit of stretching and shaping process. Tell you it is hard to shape the bread cos the dough is very soft, sticky and bouncy. After shaping, I sprinkle Chia seeds and some dried Oregano on top my Ciabatta - slipper bread. I also sprinkle some flour on top just like other Bake Along members did. I set aside and covered with a tea towel and rest again for about 45mins - 1 hour before baking it.
I got tips from Anna Olsen that she sprayed quite alot of water on the Ciabatta surface before baking. Beside to keep the bread moist and also encouraged to create a crust outside of the bread.
Yeah, like this one! See the crust outside? Knock Knock!!! Every steps that I followed goes quite well and when my Ciabatta bread came out freshly from the oven, it looks so gorgeous to me. The crust is there, the look is alike slipper and what I worried was the big holes. Will my ciabatta made that? So nervous and slowly cut the bread into half.
So what you guys think of my Ciabatta? Isn't it a great? I was so happy to see big and small holes inside. Crusty crumb outside and soft inside. This is my first try and nearly/almost made a successful bread together with other Bake Along challenge members. Somehow my Ciabatta bread has ruin with my wrong measurement of salt. *FAINT* I guess I add too much salt, Aiksss! If I have chance again, I'll try it one more time. Well, this bread taste good too with salty goodness. My son request me to make him a bowl of instant mushroom soup to dip with Ciabatta. He is so enjoying.....
Next, will be baking a Fresh Strawberry Cake with White Chocolate Chips taken from Cake Keeper Cakes page 21 for our next bake along on Mar 27, 2012. If time permits, I'll join and bake again. :D






Hi Angeline, Your Ciabatta looks great! Glad that you have tried your hands at making one! It really is a challenge! Yours is nice with the airholes in them, supposed to be like that! Thank you for baking along with us! Look forward to your next bake with us!
ReplyDeleteYah, first time making bread. If time permit I'll bake again an dmore with your guys.
DeleteTerrific, Angeline. First attempt and you made it a very successful one. Any left?
ReplyDeleteThat recipe only made one loaf. I've given to my mom to try it out. sorry.
DeleteAngeline, you are getting very pro with your baking lately~ You inspired me to bake too, if time permit, too :)
ReplyDeletewe can actually bake together and change some ideas..
DeleteThis is no knead bread right? It look great and yummy.
ReplyDeleteYes, stir and mix in all the ingredient together...
DeleteWow, you're really into baking lately! Where to find the time ya!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I only bake during at night. After Calvin finish his homework, i'll start to bake. First of all prepare those ingredients earlier..so no rushing. Weekends I can't, got to take care of Hebe.
DeleteYour ciabatta looks fantastic! Happy to see that your boy and you seems to enjoy this bake very much. I look forward to have you baking with us for our next bake-along.
ReplyDeleteThanks to you Zoe...u keep my baking realised.
DeleteWow! Have read about this Ciabatta since this week. Very healthy from the look of it!
ReplyDeleteYeah it is a healthy bread
Deletegreat to learn another another method of making ciabatta. I think it's my first time seeing you baking a bread and i'm so glad that you made this to join in our bake along. YOur ciabatta looks very good and i think the dried oregano is also a good addition. Happy baking!
ReplyDeleteLena you are right, I don't have the guts to bake a bread except for this time. Bake Along event force me to do bake one! LoL. About the salt mishap, I'll take the challenge to bake again this weekend. We'll see the result.
DeleteGood looking results, sorry to hear about the salt mishap.. but hey your child loved it!
ReplyDeleteoops, that was me!
DeleteEmily thanks for visiting....
DeleteReally looks like those in the high class bakeries!
ReplyDeleteHahaha...not really ar...
Deletethis is perfect for an afternoon tea.
ReplyDeleteYeah, great bread for soup dipping
DeleteI love this kind of dishes
ReplyDeleteGood and comfort bread.
DeleteWow, I love the nice aroma of hot baked bread.......
ReplyDeleteHahaha homemad bread
Deletewow.. it's THAT simple? It's great to have home-baked bread!
ReplyDeleteYes, Merryn try it yourself...
DeleteThat looks really good and fairly simple. Hmmm...may get my daughter to try sometime. Me? Lazy lah...old man! Muahahahahaha!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I've linked you in my blogroll.
STP, thats very kind of you.
DeleteGreat looking ciabatta for first timer, look at the holes! Pity it has to be too salty huh!
ReplyDeleteWill try another round one day.
Delete