Puff Pastry #4: Individual Pot Pie

Oh no, puff pastry again? Yeap, this is my last batch of frozen puff pastry left in the freezer. Here I have made some pot pie something similar to chicken pie.Pot pie is usually something with gravy. That is the different between pot pie and chicken pie.
Ingredients:
1 can of mushroom soup (add in 200ml water)
1 can of plain tuna
Some frozen mix vegetables
6 sausages - sliced
Combine all the above ingredients together and bring it to a boil till thicken.
Then put aside.

Pot Pie in the making you may need:
Frozen puff pastry - 12sheets
1 egg yolk - glazing
Thaw the frozen puff pastry and stretch the pastry using a rolling pin. Stetch and roll out just enough to cover the aluminium muffin cup as the pie's base. Then, slowly use a spoon to fill the pastry with the sausage and tuna filling. Glaze the side or the edge with some egg yolk before cover with another sheet of puff pastry.
For the top crust, I stretch and roll out the puff pastry to cover the pot pie. You can always measure and use a circle ring to cut a round shape, so it won't mess up and it also fit nicely on top. Press the side using a fork to seal the pot pie.
I've some puff pastry left behind, then I roll it out and swirl it to make some decoration on the pot pie itself. You can always make some alphabets too.
Here I've made 6 individual pot pies which is ready to bake. Glaze the top with egg yolk and sprinkle some Chia seed. Bake in the oven for 20-25minutes with 200°C.
I'm so thrilled when the pies puffed out nicely. Can't wait to treat my colleagues the next morning.
15/5/2012 - I plan to bake it and bring over to the office the next day for breakfast.
16/5/2012 - In the morning, my son just told me "mummy today is teacher's day".

OMG, and I never bought anything for his teacher. So how and I told him that I'll bring him to get some fresh flowers on Thursday night and he can pass to her teacher on the next day. Somehow my son said this to me this "mummy over dy lar"...Duh!! *slap forehead*
What else I can do and bring for her teacher at the last minute.@_@ In my mind I'm thinking of this Japanese phrase "Sore wa taihen desu ne" means that's too bad.Don't tell me I got to give away my mini pot pies to his teachers. Is a good idea or what? Instead of being my collegues and mine breakfast...now become his teacher's breakfast! Quickly get dressed and went downstairs to preheat my mini pot pies and pack up 4 for his teachers. Ok lar...my son is happy and I don't feel bad too.
Anyway, Happy Teacher's Day.

Comments

  1. I bet Calvin's teacher was very delighted to see these yummy pot pie. They looked so delicious. Next round, I want to try, ok? (muka tebal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try your pot pie if I have got all the ingredient ready. Calvin's teachers are very lucky indeed. hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mNhL: You can always put in whatever ingredients you like.

      Delete
  3. No wonder I never seen you bring it to office.... sudah masuk perut cikgu~~ I hope I'm better luck next time *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice treat for Calvin's teachers. His teachers sure will love it. Haha...hope next time your colleagues get to taste your delicious pot pies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy Gwen, they already requested for chicken pie..

      Delete
  5. Lucky teachers! Looks delicious! I'm sure his teachers enjoyed it very much! I would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo...drooling over your filling. Looks soooo good! Hey! I'm a teacher. Didn't save any for me? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha STP, I did save the photos for you if you want. LoL

      Delete
  7. The teachers would love them! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha nevermind la... Calvin's teachers very untung lor :) You can always bake this again for your colleagues... and re-stock more puff pastries in your freezer haha :p I like your pot pie filling. I'm going to try something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have requested but not now at the moment. Cos I haven't re stock more puff pastries yet. Or maybe this time I make my own pastry.

      Delete
  9. Wah...look delicious!! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, they look very nice! the fillings look yum!sure the teachers hv enjoyed eating these very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts