Batu Kurau Durians
My colleague, Tarmizi invite among us in our dept to his durian orchard at Batu Kurau before Raya Puasa. But many didn't make it to his orchard last Sunday. Since he has been inviting me personally quite some times. Since I'm free on that day, I decided to make trip to Batu Kurau to visit him. Started our journey at 8a.m. We had a light breakfast and we went together with another colleague's car. I know which route to Batu Kurau, but I doesn't know his house. Luckily, my father showed me how to go.
That place was not too far from my house, about 30mins journey. We were asked to stop by at Tarmizi's mother's house for Nasi Lemak. Prepared by his mother and we were also served with traditional kuih made by his lovely wife. There were other colleagues whom he invited from several dept. After had our nasi lemak, we all were headed to his orchard located 15mins from his mother's place. Here you are, we reached this nice and cosy foot hills that Tarmizi brought us to.
We waited near the river side, when Tarmizi with a few male colleagues went into his orchard to collect durians. We were astonished with this famous place for durians. Along the way to this strategic place, we saw durian wholesaler coming here with big lorry for durians. We notice, lot of baskets full of durians. I'm observing while I'm driving, so no photos here....
Hebe's first day out! My mum said it is ok to bring her along...Hebe behaved so well all day long.
Great place isn't it? Something that big city doesn't have. Rambutans was too high to grab...jack fruit and coconut belongs to someone. If not, we surely enjoy those fruits. Calvin had a great experience in the farm alike. He found roosters and a big turkey there.
See my son enjoying at the river side. Full of rocks...If I knew this place, I should bring a mattress and enjoy ourself picnic over there. I bought extra baju for son, in case he really need to change if he gets dirty or what.
Mum requested to take a family photo here...My parents enjoy the place the most.
Ok, Tarmizi at last came with tonnes of durians...OMG. How to finish it? He asked us to brought some back home. We had durians that day was not D24 or "Mao Sang Wong". Maybe he have to keep some good stuffs for his business purpose, but anyway we really appreciate his invitation to his orchard.
Some were dries, some were rotten, some were with white flesh and some really taste good. Who likes bitter durians? I'm one of them. Overall, the taste is ok... very blessed with free durians...
I brought one gunny sack back home. We shared it with my uncle, my aunt and my parents in law. Here are some kept in the fridge for my mother in law. She is a durian lover too.








Wow... look at the durian!!!
ReplyDeleteNext time I must tag along, or ask you to carry another sack home (thick-skinned), kekekeke~
Yeah, you miss it.
DeleteYou brought your family along, so nice!
ReplyDeleteThe durians look yummy from the photos, though I dont eat durians at all, hehe.
When I was a kid I enjoy eating durians, but when I grow older I doesn't like it too. But this time Tarmizi ajak all of us go...feel phai seh if I didn't go...
DeleteThis looks like a lot of fun. A great way to spend the weekend huh? Hebe is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteYa.
DeleteWow look at all that durians... drooling already!
ReplyDeleteYou love durians too...
DeleteI love bitter durian too! Sedapnya. Am sure your kids enjoyed the kampung scenery.
ReplyDeleteYa, my son keep pestering me to bring him go farm...at least this place he can run with the rooster...hahaha
Deletehow big is ur daughter now? she is so stable!
ReplyDeleteMummy J she is now 9mths and 4days old.
ReplyDeleteI missed the chance. I forget my diet plan only when seeing durians. Next time, I hope I have the chance to go .
ReplyDeleteNext time, Tarmizi sure ajak again
Deletefree durians, i want i want!
ReplyDeleteYes, absolutely free...
DeleteHi Angeline, nice place to go for picnic. Love the river, so nice if can dip my feet inside. Cos weather getting too hot....
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week ahead.
Oh I wish to have a picnic there if i knew it....
DeleteSo nice to have durian at the orchard. We went orchard 3 times before, very fun experience.
ReplyDeleteYeah I agreed. It is good for the kids to experience the truly mother nature, see new things and learn as well.
Deleteactually i only recently know that batu kurau is famous for its durians. your hebe is so adorable! pinch her face for me! haha!
ReplyDeleteGot chance to meet, you pinch yourself k
Delete