Cook Like A Star July: Jamie Oliver

Dear friends,

Please forgive me, I've disappeared from my blog-mosphere for more than 2 weeks. I wish to drop a comment at everyone’s site but my time doesn't permit to do so. Thank goodness, this week I’m a bit relief. Hopefully I’m in the baking mood again.
This month Cook like A Star hosted by Zoe is to cook like Jamie Oliver. A brief biography about him - Jamie is a well known chef in UK. I was introduced to his cooking  TV series – The Naked Chef. Even my hubby adored his cooking show too. Jamie can transform anything from scratch into something splendid and mouth watering. His barbecue and roasted recipes are always awesome goodness. Perhaps, I shall roast one whole chicken in the oven, if time permits *wink*. 
Last weekend, I've tried out one of his pasta recipes. I decided to cook the meatballs and pasta. I did change some of the ingredients to suits my family liking. I guess meatballs and pasta is everyone's favourite. I sprinkle some generous amount of powdered Parmesan cheese over the pasta for the finishing touch.You can always come over here, Jamie's Home Cooking Skills for the recipe and methods.
I completed my Sunday brunch with garlic bread and Campbell potato mushroom soup. 

Right here I'm submitting my Meatballs and pasta for this July Cook Like A Star event organized by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
Here are my blogging friends that have joined me cooking for this event. Please visit their blogs for more of their 5-stars cooking.

Comments

  1. Jamie Oliver is great and you cook his recipes so well!

    I often watch jamie oliver's 30 minute meals but it always takes me longer LOL

    You are an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jin Jin Mummy, ya I like to watch JO 30 min meal too

      Delete
  2. Nice to have you back after your mini break. Totally agree with you that blogging can be time consuming and tiring. A mini break is good :D

    Your Sunday brunch look very fulfilling. Meatballs and pasta is always a winner amongst kids and yours look very yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is really time consuming = cook + photo.

      Somehow, some of the time we usually cook our own brunch than having outsider food.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your Sunday brunch looks healthy and complete! You really cook like a star, Angeline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. BTW, I haven't said thank you for the scone treats. The orangey flavor looks delicious.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You have improved so much, Angeline. Your meatballs pasta is gorgeous. Mind sharing how you bake the garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic bread: I use old french banguette+butter+chopped onion. Bake till the top turn golden brown.

      Delete
  5. Wow...looks so yummy. You can really cook and bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, to cook spaghetti is simple just the meatball...take time chopping and shape it. hehehe

      Delete
  6. Hi Angeline, good to see you back in action.
    Your pasta look really good and mouth watering. The meatball is so tempting, wish I can have some now. LOL

    Have a nice day, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I did change abit of the recipe to our own likings...

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious! Meatball and pasta are always a favourite in my house too! And I know my kids would really love this as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and my hubby likes spaghetti or any pasta. Especially tomato sauce one.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Ya, just like outside we order mushroom soup for starter, spaghetti for main course.

      Delete
  10. Welcome back!
    Miss reading your cooking/baking posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley I miss your blog too. I'll visit your blog when I'm free again. hopefully.

      Delete
  11. wah yummy meatball spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to make some for your kids..I'm sure they love it.

      Delete
  12. Meatballs and spaghetti - loved by kids for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, I'm drooling at your mouth-watering spaghetti, esp at this hour (11pm) when my dinner is all digested already. Hungry!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I also hate reading blog at this time especially food..my tummy definitely will feel hungry...

      Delete
  14. Great recipe. Would you be happy to link in to my Meatball edition of Food on Friday? This is the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Carole, thanks ya. I'll link it! Wish u have a nice Friday!

      Delete
    2. thanks for linking in. You have a nice Friday too.

      Delete
  15. hope you are feeling more relaxed now. Very nice pictures, i'm so late for my JO entry, i hope i can post mine by this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts