Capitol Satay Celup - Must Eat

Before we had Satay Celup, we went to find this Teo Soon Loong Chan Seafood Restaurant. It was recommended by my FIL's friend. This restaurant famous for its oyster noodle and deep fried soft shell crab. We took some time to ask people around Jonker Street. Finally we found it and it was just too bad - close! The stall beside told us that they off for 9 days. Probably next time.
57 Lorong Hang Jebat
75200 Melaka, Malaysia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We walked back to our parking lot and hop in the car. Capitol Satay Celup was our next stop. I never been here before until this foodie trip. Scared of super long queue! Capitol has been well known for some years back, but people still come here to queue..
When we reached, hubby drop us in front of the shop, Joyce(my SIL) and I went to line up. My in laws look after the kids at a corner, just beside the building. Hubby and his brother went to find parking place. Yeap, everyone has a task to do.
We were lucky not many people queue up ler.... I counted we were in the 8th place. I can't remembered how long we waited, I think got 30 minutes.
Then, these two kids face turned black lor.... like charcoal.
Finally, got our table. Hubby went to pick variety choices from the open fridge...
Each skewers cost 90 cents each. While those plates in different color will charge differently. Those display was normal only. Special big prawns, abalone slices, fresh scallops and mussels, the waiter will bring it to each table. Those eaten only they counted. Price same with 90 cents each.
So here's the main star of the night - a hot pot of red curry soup.
Then, the lady boss came with two buckets. One big scoop of peanuts and another big scoop of spices. The spice ingredients could be palm sugar, herbs, chili powder and I tasted "kerisik" - toasted grated coconut too.
Are you ready??? We are so excited and can't wait to start our feast again....That time was around 9pm already.
Hey Hey party just started. Just dunk inside the pot and let it boiled. Just like "lok lok". The kids having fun to help us dip the skewers inside the pot.
Writing this post really makes me drooling over it again... The satay gravy is very kaw one...
Here's another round of dip dip! Bernice didn't eat and Calvin tried some - I got him some quail eggs. Luckily, both of them had chicken rice ball earlier. FIL got them cold 100plus to avoid them being anxious. Hey, the place is crowded, humid and hot too.
Kinda messy...After so long waited outside, this is the time to try it till the max. The waitress will still come over and refill the satay sauce.
We keep said enough, ended we gobbled about 60 skewers. Satisfying right? The total bill was around RM70+, with 6 cans of 100 plus and a big bottle of mineral water.
 People still queueing up leh....
Capitol Satay Celup Restaurant
41, Lorong Bukit Cina, 75100 Melaka
Business Hours: Daily 5pm onwards, Mon closed GPS Coordinates: 2.1953, 102.2523 Tel: 06-2835508
 Later at night, both kids got their supper too. Fresh milk with biscuits while watching cartoon.

People always said going to Melaka, must try Satay Celup! After our first experienced, we are not going to the same place again and wait for the long queue. No doubt Capitol Satay Celup gravy is very nice but Melaka still has so many things to try and eat.

Comments

  1. I really live to eat the satay celup and forgotten about it until I saw your post. My eyes lighted and sparkled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only visited this Capitol Satay's shop once and that will be the last time. The food was nice but the long queue also made me charcoal. We queued in the rain with umbrellas in the evening until the rain stopped.....still had to wait. That was how silly and glutton my friends were! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lor... no more next time for me. If really want to eat also go those shop with not many people. There are other satay celup at Melaka... I think all are more or less the same.

      Delete
  3. Eh! I thought fresh milk was straight from the cow outside selling by the Chettiar's Thambee. Your kids drank from the packet lah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to queue? No, thank you... I'd rather go elsewhere and eat something else. Nothing is THAT good.

    And I don't like the ones with the satay gravy. I prefer the ones in Singapore - boiling water in the pot and satay gravy served separately in individual bowls. This one, if one finishes half a stick of whatever...and dips in again for more gravy, in the end...all the saliva inside. The bubbling satay gravy also is not a pretty sight - like the mud pools in Rotorua...or something else. Eyewwwwww!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on individual preference. Some like it, some don't. Well, I'm not a picky eater, ok for me.

      Delete
    2. i agree with Angeline, different people have different preferences.. just like how some may see kampua noodles like how the Food Mayor sees the satay celup, hehehehe~~ BTW, i think it's the same thing with boiling water.. one finishes half a stick of whatever and dips in again to heat it, in the end all the saliva inside also.. nothing is ever clean when you dine out lah really.. so to me, just eat and worry later lah~~ :p

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to visit there too but I tink my gals wun eat any of them...so everytime wen i head down to Melaka, i never get a chance to go there...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids doesn't like it much as we do. Is spicy for them.

      Delete
  6. oh, how unlucky the shop was closed for 9 days during your visit?? hahaha, maybe the owner was bringing his kids to Taiping during the school holidays?? haha, so coincident huh?? bluergh~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i've tried satay celuo twice only, but cannot remember which restaurant i went.. the first time was like more than 10 years ago, the place was still very rundown and dirty.. the second time was like 5 years ago, slightly better and cleaner..

    ReplyDelete
  8. but this one is slightly different.. when i was there, there wasn't such huge open fridge like you pick you satays.. the shop has one huge tray with all kinds of satays on the table, and we just dunk in whatever we like from there, and the waiters will come and refill the tray..

    ReplyDelete
  9. 90sen, i think price increased, i remember the last time i had was around 60-70sen for one skewer.. and you are right, super duper hot there, and sure need to drink lots of water, and not to forget, i sweated like hell throughout the session, i think i used one whole packet of tissue, haha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. actually the whole thing looks quite messy and a little disgusting, but then who cares, this is the Malaysian style and when you have it in your mouth, it's so delicious, haha!! see, even foreigners also went to give it a try (as seen from your 4th photo)~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, satay celup is a must eat whenever going Malacca!

    Look at the queue! No wonder Calvin and Bernice looked so grumpy there, hehe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photos looked very clear here, new camera eh?

      Delete
  12. Hopping over from SK's tried to earlier few days ago but the format is sort of different and didn't find the correct link as did not max poking the cursor haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such a long Q will have to depend how hungry I am if not may not wanna wait. Oh oh even Superboy & Supergirl lost their strength & power no more ummph already haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh..poor the kids. so grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I would have shown the face also..I didn't like to go there because of the long queue. Quite sickening actually

    ReplyDelete
  16. We usually go to Ban Lee Siang. Wah..your son looks so angry hehe. Sedap right satay celup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, they are so scrumptious! I must try that for sure should I go to melaka.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Must be very tasty to have such long queue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is my friend's satay celup shop. I went there once but hubby doesn't like it. :o(
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  20. these look so delicious. we have yet to try any because each time there is a long queue :( in the end i bought my own satay celup sauce back and made my own.

    ReplyDelete
  21. owww....me too didnt get to eat at the TSL restauarnt last round. in my case it was booked for wedding or some celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The satay celup there is much cheaper than KL. KL have too but it's like rm1 a skewer

      Delete
    2. yeah been to those satay celup place. Have to there either early or late coz if go during makan time sure have to queue like mad

      Delete
  22. Satay celup is my favourite, you make me drooling now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts