Historical Fun Melaka Trip 2013
Good morning folks, school started today and everything is back to usual routine. Wake up early, fetch kids to school, tuition and so on. Guess everything is fine and hopefully you all have a wonderful Monday.
So here's a brief post about my 3D2N family trip to Melaka. The traffic was good, not jam at all. Maybe because is the last week of the school holiday, people plan to be at home resting and get the kids ready when the school reopen later on.
We visited many historical places like The Dutch Windmill, Fortress A Famosa, The Malay Sultanate Water Wheel and we came also came across along the red houses area. Well, this is what our Melaka trip is all about. Despite the hot weather, the kids enjoying themselves very much.
We went to Stadthuys square to take some photos at the Queen Victoria Fountain and behind was the old Stadthuys old Dutch colonial building which was under renovation. Next to it, is the Christ Church building.
Further down the town, we passed by the Taming Sari Tower where we are able to view Melaka the UNESCO World Heritage City from the peak. Later, the kids enjoy taking photo, with the Dinosaur display outside the People and Beauty Museum. Most of the old colonial building has been used to become a museum. We have so many things to see around the city, so we didn't went to any of the museum. If got chance to visit one or two museums, I don't mind too. 
We also went to the Melaka Tree site too. Look there's the Melaka Tree behind us. This is how Melaka got its name from. We almost spotted most of the tourist spots with our trishaw ride at Melaka.
Eventually there was another new park area around Melaka. We spotted the Ferries Wheel during our river cruise.
I found this roundabout is very cute with a few medium size statues of kancil. It can be seen when you're crossing a bridge to Jonker's Street.
Another tourist spot, you must not miss it. The Jonker's street. Many of you should know this place much better than I do.
Exploring Melaka delicacies around Jonker's street. There are many things to see and I shall blog about it later one by one.
You can easily found many preserved buildings around Melaka. Like this one, Cheng Hoon Teng Temple is the most oldest Chinese temple in the country. Many more to see about Baba & Nyonya olden days mansion as well.
Although I'm a local tourist, I feel very informative when I saw the Tourist Information Centre located at the heart of Melaka city. Not very far from the Stadthuys area, or on your way to Jonker's Street and even you're going for a river cruise. You definitely pass by this centre.
More about our historical fun Melaka trip after this. I got loads of photos to show you all.


Been to Melaka quite a number of times. I still want to revisit it. A very nice place to visit.
ReplyDeleteMany years back, we went to A Famosa at Alor Gajah, but nothing much. So This time with kids, we decided to stay at the center of Melaka... It must be lots of fun too.
DeleteBest to go round on foot. We were searching high and low for 60 East & West Rendezvous, drove round and round and round - the roads rather misleading and took us so long just to find it:
ReplyDeletehttp://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/going-in-circles/
Yeap, that is was we did during our vacation there.
DeleteWhen were you in Malacca? Did you stop by KL? Gee!!! If that was around the time when I was there, we could have arranged to meet up some place.
ReplyDeleteSTP, thanks for the meet up plan. But I went there on the 6th of June. Guess you all already back to your hometown! Next time ya.
DeleteHow long is the journey from your place to Malacca...
ReplyDelete7.30 am started our journey, reach our apartment around 3.45pm
DeleteHave not been Malacca for long time...
ReplyDeleteDid you eat the chicken rice ball and chendol there?
ReplyDeleteYes of course,I will blog about it. Too many photos to describe...
DeleteLucky no jam, for me, i'm a person who scare of jam...
ReplyDeleteIn fact, we plan to go on our Agung's birthday - traffic jam, damn jam. Luckily, we chose a week after that.
DeleteYou've been to more places in Melaka than I do and the fact that I'm a Malaccan sungguh memalukan! LoL!
ReplyDeleteErm, most of the places are at the center of the city. Not very far. By foot can reach one. Merryn, you got lots of time to visit your home town. Not like us, die die must go see see and look look. Thought of the long hours of traveling, better no no.
DeleteLOL...you sweating in Melaka...me sweating in KT. But at least you have internet la :p
ReplyDeleteaiyo me cannot tahan all the sun ler. Will find shade and hid. Yeah weekend or school hols Melaka full of people
DeleteYou mentioned Tham Chiak...errr...where the food? Another post?
Deletedid you get any Pineppple tarts. My friend was there the same time as you. She bought some pineapple tarts home
DeleteLooking forward to your next post
DeleteInternet? my own smartphone mobile data lor. Thanks to that. I wake up early than the rest... so can comment at SK's site.
DeleteI said Tham Chiak, then must slowly post about my foodie right. Please stay with me here ok. Pineapple tarts? Yeap we bought some for testing. I still prefer my MIL's homemade one. The best!
DeleteOh you went with your in laws? I thought just the 4 of you, hehe.
ReplyDeleteYa, can always bring Hebe some times later...
I miss Malacca! Planning to visit it some day~
DeleteWith my in laws, 6 adults and 2 kids. Anytime can visit Melaka again with Hebe... no problem.
DeleteYou can actually. Plan now with your son and hubby.
DeleteCos you have Den Den only. Me have to take care two kids also quite hectic... hehehe.
DeleteYou sounded like an excited child sharing so much fun in Melaka. I also love that town but it was always very crowded & jammed when I was there. You are lucky!
ReplyDeleteI went there on the 6th onwards... Luckily is not during Agung's birthday... damn jam.
DeleteMelaka has got lots of delicious food sold everywhere and their peranakan food is good.
ReplyDeleteOk lar, we still like our Taiping food the most. Maybe you recommend me where to have nice food at Melaka.
DeleteThe place I enjoyed the most was the boat cruise along the canals to see the old and new buildings. Very shiok lah!
ReplyDeleteYeah, stay tune with my post about the cruise.
DeleteI also visited every single old mansions and antique shops there. I used to buy the old stuffs cheaply back in the 90s. Now I should sell them back to the shops for higher profits.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, good for you to earn part time earning and donate down to those who needed it right?
DeleteLong time never go to Melaka already.
ReplyDeleteI used to go school in Melaka for two years.
Lots of changes since then.
You stayed there for two years?
Deletewow, this is really a very complete and thorough Malacca trip huh?? i usually go there for a day trip and only know the Red House and A-Famosa and Jonker Street, so ignorant about the place, hahaha~~ :D
ReplyDeleteOk lar... without Hebe I can actually snap more photos.
Deletethe Dutch Windmill and the Sang Kanchil roundabout are all nearby the Red House right?? i remember i saw them before while hanging around the place.. whereas Malay Sultanate Water Wheel, the ferris wheel and the bridge, Taming Sari Tower.. don't think i've been there..
ReplyDeleteMost of it just near by only. The ferries wheel and Taming Sari is something new...
Deletefuyoh, i love that ferris wheel and jonker 88 photo.. both look like professional shot lah, good enough to compete for the best photo shots in those travel magazine.. no joke, especially jonker 88 photo, it kind of has those that those judges want lah, haha.. :)
ReplyDeleteSure or not, you don't tipu me. I just get the best shot I can. hahaha... acting like a pro. Blek!
Deletetourist information center is always a place i like to visit.. local tourists or foreigner tourists also tourists mah, right?? it's actually nice to browse through the brochures and could probably remind you something that may have slipped out of your mind.. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, there's a public toilets too.. Hahaha, no charges.
Deletewoot woot!! food posts coming next?? wakakaka, so looking forward to it lah.. and this is also one of the main "activity" for your Malacca trip.. aaaahhh, miss those food actually.. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, eat all the way from Taiping to Melaka. then from Melaka until we reach our hometown.
Deleteoh luckily you didn't bring Hebe. it was so hot there. i think i will give it a miss during school holidays. too crowded and hot :D can't wait to read your next post.
ReplyDeleteYa, I came back with my red cheek and my hubby got slightly darken neck - sunburn. Haha
Deletevery educational trips especially for the kids! I been to Melacca once and I still remember the famous chicken rice balls!! :p And of course the A Farmosa and riding a trishaw and cow carriage for first time there!
ReplyDeleteYeah, this trip is meant for them. Mentioned about cow carriage, last time when I was small I experienced before.. But I don't think they have it now.
Deleteit's been more than 10 years i last visited malacca..i hope to go to jonkers street again..didnt really walk thru it the last time :(
ReplyDeleteHmm... I feel like going again.
DeleteLovely photos taken by you Angeline.
ReplyDeleteReally, thanks to my camera also. hehe
DeleteGetting pro now.. Good job!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the foodie pics
ReplyDeleteEach time I go back home to Malacca, I would stay in the house! Haha!
ReplyDeleteI think you have been to more places in Malacca than I! Glad that your family have enjoyed the trip!
Joyce you are from Melaka? I thought those olaces is just next to each other not very far. Moreover all are situated around the town area.
DeleteCuti cuti malaysia! Nice to travel to Malacca for a local tour.
ReplyDeleteBeen there in 2012 CNY and it was super hot! Other than the weather, everything else, especially the food, was wonderful!
ReplyDelete