My Hearty Meal: Croissants
Last Friday, I was a little bit upset. After reading some comments from the floor, I feel much better now. So, in order not to think too much, I better get myself busy to blog about my last weekend hearty meals that I've prepared at home. Seems like it is the best medicine for me (*_^).
I bought a pack of 3 ready frozen croissants from the bakery shop I used to go. The lady boss said, she made herself and asked me to try one. In my mind was like, "Hmm, maybe I can turn into; something like Deli France or Subway does!".... Without hesitation, I grab a pack which cost me RM4.80 @ 3 croissants with a big smile!
All I need was simple ingredients such as iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, a can of Tuna (can be in mayo or chillies) & an egg. Btw, I got this silicon brush from Daiso @RM5. Good quality, very flexible and convenient to use and easy to wash.
Look at this gorgeous croissants compared to those before baked ones. It puffed out perfectly and built a crust outside. Inner part is soft.
Yeah, I only bought a pack for testing. Next time can get it from the bakery shop again. These simple croissants really gave a surprise for my hubby and Calvin. Both of them asked me the same question "Where you get it from?" Muahaha. So could it be Deli France or Subway? or Anyone can tell?

wah lau eh...can open shop jor
ReplyDeletekalah all those subway deli this and deli that
Deleteyeah cooking sometimes calms the mind
DeleteBoleh copy cat right?
DeleteLet us make a stall one side selling my croissants and another side selling mamarazzi bak zhang!
DeleteWahhhhhh!!!!! You make your own! Amazing. The ones at Giant here very nice - love the buttery fragrance.
ReplyDeleteArthur those croissants is ready made one... I just bake it and that's it!
DeleteExpert lol!!! =]
ReplyDeletePhai seh lar.... I just bake it only.
DeleteGood morning Angeline...
ReplyDeleteThumb up for the croissants u made:)
ReplyDeleteI wish I can make the croissants too...Next time.
DeleteHave a great day ahead...
ReplyDeletesame to you too.
Deleteyummy..I want some..:)
ReplyDeletecome come...
Deletewow, i like this croissant sandwich!! looks so yummy lah, next time you can buy more from that bakery shop and make more sandwiches lah.. see your hubby and kids and wati loved them so much~~ :p
ReplyDeleteYeah especially my hubby. He loves sandwiches than rice.
Deleteat first i thought you made the croissant yourself and was rather impressed!! maybe you can try to do that also lah, friend friend with the boss of the bakery shop and then poke her for the secrets~~ :D
ReplyDeleteYeah, one day I will make my own croissant myself.
Deleteindeed nice to have tuna mayo filling for the croissant, i love this combination.. and together with the cucumber lettuce and tomato, they are indeed wholesome!! i think i can wallop two alone~~ :p
ReplyDeleteEven with chicken ham or bacon taste delicious too.
DeleteThose homemade one, the filling also kaw kaw one.
Deletethese croissant definitely looked like those from Delifrance!! no joke, could be even better since they were made with heart, unlike the kitchen crew who simply chop the veggie and stuff the filling inside and serve to customer, charging you like about RM10 a piece??
ReplyDeleteThat is what I want to tell my hubby, I rather make it at home...as sometimes he will bought one from subway on his way to work.
Deletecan lah can lah, can open your own deli cafe already lah.. name it DeliAnzerin lah, hahaha!! be your own boss and i think that would be a good opportunity in Taiping huh?? then ask all your sistaz to go there for gathering, how nice~~ :)
ReplyDeleteI thought I'm the cupcake queen....
DeleteGlad that you found a way to make yourself cheer up!!
ReplyDeleteWhich bakery shop to go? I wanna try this too!
Te Jia, Hayley. You just went there to get your banana chocolate chips muffin ingredients.
DeleteI want to know which bakery shop which sells ready-made croissants too, love to try it out, Angeline-way.
ReplyDeleteTe Jia...
DeleteI love croissants too! RM4.80 for 3 is worth it. Cheaper than buying from bakery shop!
ReplyDeleteIt is so true Tan Sri.
DeleteYou can have 1001 ideas to make your croissants more attractive and appetizing! I have seen those with almond flakes outside and sprinkled with almond powder & icing sugar! Mmmmnnn!!! My cavities!
ReplyDeleteMany ideas actually. Is all up to your liking. I prefer the croissants bread with just simple butter and sugar filling. These croissants from puff pastry is much too oily compared to that.
DeleteThumbs UP!! Feel like having a Bite of them now! LOL...
ReplyDeletePlease have a bite...
DeleteAngeline...I envy!!! so envy!! When are you having baking class? I want to come over la.
ReplyDeleteYee Ling, hahaha. I just bake the frozen croissants only.. I didn't made it myself.
DeleteRM 4.80 for 3 pc, I better buy than making my own!
ReplyDeleteYeap, thinking of the cost, I think bought it ready made save lot of time.
DeleteSure looks tempting and yummy!
ReplyDeleteI'm planning to bake some and make some croissants sandwiches for my papa this month for Father's Day...
Deleteoh so healthy. i can only drool from the computer screen :D
ReplyDeleteOk... but do not lick the computer screen k.
DeleteSeriously, they look soooo good! You have good photography skill too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm still learning how to snap nice photos. Just done some simple editing on those photos - sharpen the colors only.
DeleteYummy! Can put whatever you like as the fillings, better than those croissants sandwiches sold in shops.
ReplyDeleteTrue, Mun.
DeleteHealthy and yummy !! I like it.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteLooks more delicious than Delifrance. Well done, Angeline.
ReplyDelete