Sight Seeing around Melaka

Today, I post some nice and interesting places I captured during our visit to Melaka (not all, but those places we passed by and we went to). Enjoy and let's the rest of the photos tell the story.
 Entering The City. Melaka is a UNESCO World Heritage site which means that it is being carefully restored, maintained and improved.
 A perspective view along old fashioned shop and their narrow roads.
Rent a bicycle and you can explore the town, which is the most economical way.
 There's the Datuk Wira Gan Boon Leong statue.
Casa Del Rio Melaka 5 Stars Hotel, located right beside the Melaka River which flows from Straits of Melaka.
 The Orangutan House-Art Gallery. We never enter, just snap the Orang Utan.
 The Baba House  - Kinda like boutique hotel. Preserved the Baba Nyonya traditional house.
We passed by this beautiful mansion.
Their road sign is very attractive too.
 There are 3 famous and the oldest religions temple - Kampung Kling Mosque.
Cheng Hoon Teng Temple
Sri Poyatha Vinayagara Moorthy Hindu Temple
I was attracted by several items like this one - #16
A signboard -  A Cheongsam lady.
Red symbolizes happiness. That is why most of Melaka heritage houses painted in red and some with red design murals.
Does it looks like a Japanese house?
The mini size of flying koinobori
Hard Rock is easily spotted on our first day.
This last photo, my MIL love this the most. Tang is her family name.

Comments

  1. So nice...the roads so empty. So crowded when I was there...and the roads so narrow - so hard to drive around...in search of that nyonya chang place. Hmmmm...the Super Kids did not fly around kah? Hehehehehehe!!!!! Wah!!!! Your MIL sooooo young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I have been to Malacca was in 2011.. I would love to go again especially seeing so many posts about the yummylicious FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice as it still preserves its natural cultural surroundings..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, the last time i went to Malacca was 5 years ago in 2008!! wow, that's actually quite long ago huh?? and didn't actually spend much time there, so didn't see as much as you did~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, so many nice photos!! so you are a photography kaki also?? taking your DSLR and snap anything interesting you find along the way?? that's actually cool huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually like those ancient architecture of the buildings, and also those contemporary art they have on the wall.. old meets modern, that's contrast yet harmony~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i love those koinobori, so nice hanging there on the window huh?? errr, the photo above it, looks like japanese house meh?? hahaha.. but i am rather attracted by that plate on the pillar.. seems to have a horse logo, it is a company??

    ReplyDelete
  8. and the one with lots of chinese paper-cutting arts painted on the wall.. that one looks cool!! so outstanding of the red paper-cutting on the white wall..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Malacca is indeed a beautiful place! Lots of great food and so much to see!

    Wish to go there some day~

    ReplyDelete
  10. wah from the photos, the time you were there also yan shan yan hoi oh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope the kids are OK. Such hot weather. Beh tahan

      Delete
    2. so nice to see Casa De Rio....such nice hotel

      Delete
    3. where is the Satay celup post? Did i miss it?...wait i go check

      Delete
    4. okay okay...missed two posts....going here now

      Delete
  11. Wow! You really covered every corner of Melaka already! That must be fun and happy time for whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you miss the boat cruise along the canals? I loved that ride to see the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have planned to bring my old parents to stay at Casa Del Rio soon and let them relax on its balcony of the bedroom. Would be nice for them to sip afternoon tea and eat Nyonya Kuehs while looking at the boats passing down the river. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM, same thoughts here the moment I saw the pixz of water & hotel straight away Bananaz flew over instantly seeing myself enjoying the sound & view from the hotel. This 5 star hotel may cost a bomb gotta check with my piggy bank first whether its full or not.

      Delete
  14. Nice photos of yours. The big mansion is really awesome and beautiful in white. On my last visit, they put planks and scaffolding to do some renovations, so I could not take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Kampung Kling Mosque is very unique quite different from what we normally used to see of a mosque.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice mansion and the localised KerasBatu Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love touring Melacca in a family like you. So fun and interesting. My last time there was about 10 years ++ ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melacca is still beautiful and historically preserved. Was it hot when you visited Melacca. Heard the weather now is very hot and hazy there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; premature ejacuation treatment ()

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got attracted to the #16 too!!!
    Realized that we took the same picture of the orangutan house!!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts