Remember Taiwan
Last month, I dig out my previous travel to Taipei - information and maps for my cousin sister as a reference. She wanted to get some general information about Taipei since she knew I went there before. She and her friends will travel on their own this Friday.

Since they need some guidance and references, I don't mind sharing it with them. I ask them to browse my blog's link HERE - Yeah it brings me the vivid memories in Taipei while looking at those old photos.

Actually, browsing from the Internet will get them the latest information too, the Metro Taipei.

Looking back at those leaflets and brochures I kept most of it is from National Palace Museum. Taipei is a nice place to visit.

My hubby will get something as remembrance like this Taipei Guide Book that he bought from Taipei 101.

See those receipts I collected. I realised it is good to keep it as a memory rather than throwing it away.

I told my cousin to find for Duty Free Shop at Taipei - Ever Rich because I can't recall where it is. Some items are rather cheap than airport.

I love this keychain I got from Taipei 101. One important thing I have to let them know is - Don't ever buy cut fresh fruits from Shilin Night Market, it is outrageously EXPENSIVE!

Elo elo... Hopping over to say hi and miss you too.. No more on leave jor la.. Came back to work after Tuesday lor.. So fast hor, tomorrow Friday liao.. Time flies.. My blog list status still didn't update your new post.. Lucky I hopped over now, then can see your new Taiwan post..
ReplyDeleteLunch liao ahh? I had wanton mee with colleagues at Pun Chun coffeeshop.. Pun Chun has a branch in Bidor, the famous "ngap tui" mein, burrrpppp*
DeleteOh, so today's post about Taipei ahh? I went to Taipei-Taichung in 2010 during Christmas.. Weather was good, around 20+ degrees.. But the trip to Tauchung a bit boring la.. Few hours bus journey, just to go look at earthquake museum and temples and all.. But it's just me la.. Different people different liking la.. I like Taipei more, can shop and walk.. And those night markets, wow, if given a chance, I would wana go there again..
DeleteI remembered I didn't buy much when I was in Taipei.. Some cute winter clothings (not too thick those type la), sweaters & cardigans, some LED cartoon character keychains, boots, all from those night markets.. Macam macam ada.. Best giler..
DeleteI remember we arrived at night on the first day, and we headed straight to Shilin for dinner.. The tour guide gave us TWD 200 (means MYR 20?) to buy dinner ourselves.. More than that, we have to fork out from our own pocket.. Well we forked out extra of course, because we wanted to try everything.. I remembered we had "oh chien" (fried oyster egg), "owamisua" (oyster noodles), "dai peang bao sai peang" (small biscuits wrapped in big biscuits), sausages and fried chicken.. Like baru keluar dari kampung + hungry ghost.. kakakaka..
DeletePssst, it's 5.15pm now.. 5.30pm coming soon.. Tick tock tick tock..
DeleteYa lar, we are like "Ah Ngau Chut Seng" everything also want ot eat and try.
DeleteNice key chain. No intention of going to Taiwan - somehow it does not appeal to me. China neither. I do wish I could hop over to the Philippines though...
ReplyDeleteI love the key chain!!! =]
ReplyDeleteTaiwan is a nice country to visit...
ReplyDeleteoh Taipei!! hmmm, i've actually not been to Taiwan before.. probably just very close, because i remember my previous job, a month right before i joined, they actually went to Taiwan for company trip, haha!! but of course no chance to go because won't go to the same place for a second time for company trip mah.. so i've always been saying i want to go to Taiwan, yet no action :p
ReplyDeletewah, you basically keep everything hor?? good lah, i think it's nice to actually keep things like tickets, receipts, brochures or even packaging.. would be nice when you dig them out one day and you start to remember those days of your happy trip.. and you really have a lot of them, haha!!
Deleteoooh, nice keychain from Taipei 101.. but i hardly buy keychains nowadays, because already have a lot of them yet i do not carry a lot of keys also.. i think nowadays keychains are more for decoration instead of holding keys huh?? remember, we always like to put a keychain at the zip of our bags?? now i think i would get fridge magnet instead, buy one at every place i go and then put them all on the fridge, ah, how nice to see all the places i've been :)
Deleteooopss, really?? the cut fruits at Shilin Night Market are outrageously EXPENSIVE ah?? like how much?? thanks for the info, i must take note next time i ever go to Taipei :)
DeleteThe fruits can costs us up to RM50-60 leh.... That day we paid around RM30plus...
DeleteI quite like the keychain, it looks special for me. Magnet Yes, I keep it too.
DeleteDon't you agree that when we travel on our own, we tend to know and remember much better?
DeleteSo good lah... you're on hand to give firsthand travel experience to her :)
ReplyDeleteYa, I hope she won't say I'm very talkative can ady...
DeleteTaiwan is a country we can go on our own... Free and easy.
DeleteIf i have a chance i want visit taiwan again
ReplyDeleteI love to collect postcards, keychains and fridge magnets when i travel
ReplyDeleteBut when i am in taiwan i very scare of earthquake
ReplyDeleteTravel in oct should be fine. Japan also got mar..
DeleteThose keychains are quite nice, I wanna go Taiwan too!
ReplyDeleteGo on your own, or next time we plan together. We "pit tai" our kids and let our husband jaga anak... then we fly go there ok? 3night also enough already. Other places just for sightseeing...nothing special ady... Taipei is good enough for us.
DeleteWow... so many souvenirs !
ReplyDeleteHmm. Wonder what happen to my comment??
ReplyDeleteI was saying Taipei is a nice place, food paradise. You sure keep them neatly. I do keep maps as memory, not receipts.
You still keep the brochures ah? Good leh can lend to your cousin.
ReplyDeletehaha....my aunt also complaint about that Night market fruit seller. Actually, you have to ask & bargain before buying, otherwise they will charged you more than what you're expecting.
ReplyDelete