FUN TAIPEI DAY 1 – 士林夜市

Finally, I'm done with one post about my trip to Taipei. Sorry to keep you guys long waiting. Phai Seh ya...
Where: Wenlin Road, Jihe Road and Zhongshan North Road.
MRT Route: Danshui Line
MRT Station: ShiLin Station or Jiantan Station

We reach the hotel around 6pm. Nothing much we can do on the first day, we decided to go to nearest hot spot as we did plan it in our 1st day itinerary. It takes us about 10minutes walking distant to ShiLin Market & Night Market Circle. This is the foremost place among all the night markets in Taipei. The place is always packed like sardine by both tourist and local. If you love street shopping, then don’t miss this place for great bargain. It is also the tops in terms of tasty food, types of stalls (more than 500) and the most important is convenient transportation.
So, let see what I have and enjoy the food all the way ya;
So crowded once we walk in. Note: Camera is installed everywhere in Taipei.
This is our first dish we have for our dinner.
Fried Oyster Omelet (Oh -ah jian) - $50NT with lots of beaten egg and oysters too,
which is one of the famous snack at Shilin Market.
There are a few stalls selling we just hop in to one of the stall to taste it. Ok check this out, look at the people queueing.
Da Bing Bao Xiao Bing - That's the stall name - local love this one.
Buy 3 pieces for $100NT.

That little piece of crunchy biscuit contains either in chicken floss, peanuts, curry flavor and etc. All you have to do is pick which flavor you like, then they will smash the crispy biscuit and wrap with freshly made skin just like popiah. It is also one of the famous snack recommended here.

Different types of taiwan sausages & all types of snack they grilled in skewers too. So far we tasted good taiwan sausages.
One of the photos above is not grill chicken cutlet but is the chicken ass lor...
Then headed over the most top star seller -Large Fried Chicken (Da Ji Pai).
If you are coming to Taipei, please don't forget to visit this stall. Even is drizzling, Mei Ching and I also que up to buy that big piece of chicken cost $50NT only.
I wonder why, their fruits are all so big size. There's lots of fruit juice stall. Their famous juice is the White Bitter Gourd Juice. We tried the other one which is the Lemon Jelly. The taste almost like the Ipoh "Man Tao Long" just they added the kick of lemon juice. Is definitely good to thrill our thirst as we walk around and eat all the way. I forgot how much is it, maybe it costs $30NT for one large cup.
Note: I spotted a stall selling freshly baked pumpkin seeds biscuit. You can always get some free bites before you decided to buy. Everywhere have free food test! No worry and you are always welcome to try. While we were buying the large fried chicken, hubby and Jay went to hunt for other food. They bought back Chao Tao Foo leh....Taiwanese Chao Tao Foo is totally different from Hong Kong. HK style they only fried and we dip with different kind of sauce we like. But where as in Taipei, they eat together with cabbage pickles. Nice, I like it too. Hey, we straight away finished 2 snack plates of Chao Tao Foo.
Later on, we went to their Shilin Night Market. We don't know where is it, but we just follow the crowd as they walk, we walk too. How come people place are so clean? I look for dustbin, but I didn't find any. So how they throw their rubbish? Night Market wor, for sure lots of rubbish like paper cups, paper bowl and so on scattered around that area. Sooner and later, I found out they only placed the their dustbin at a specific area. All their mind set are so clean conscious, so good la them.
While we wear walking to the street shopping area, I found Bing Tong Woo Lou like those olden days love to eat. Now the modern one is with assorted fruits that celup with melted sugar and its get harden later on is selling for $50NT. So sweet lor...hehehe tak pe la..at least I get to try one. After all those food we tried, we eventually very full, our next event is shopping jor....so no photo taken here cos' busy shopping and browsing. I bought one new pair of leather boots here.
We went back to hotel for an earlier rest. Tomorrow will start our early journey again. There are 2 convenient stores just opposite our StarBeauty Hotel. The most famous store is Family Mart besides 7Eleven. Hubby and I love to eat instant noodle. We grab 2 flavours of instant bowl noodle for our late night supper. Yeah, we actually feel abit hungry after the shopping spree. Each costs $48NT.

P/S: FUN TAIPEI DAY 2 coming soon.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Comments

  1. 士林夜市really famous for its snacks and food! Really a food paradise.. I'll sure starve for a day before going there, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not been to Taipei before but from those pictures, really can see that they have got all sort of delicious snacks. Especially the big fried chicken, really makes my tummy 'gruuuuuuu'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei: Yes, some more hubby choose the hotel near shilin market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen: From all the snack food we have there. We never feel thirsty leh. Maybe they didn't put Ajinomoto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, eat till you drop on Day 1 !!! Cant wait to see more post about your Taiwan trip dy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 你回来了,it must have been very wonderful trip for you and the rest of your family as well, i reckon...thanks for sharing those pictures with us,,,,,,,

    by the way, i like your red top with the beautiful shawl, of scalf..nice it looks so warm.

    more pictures to come,please

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mummy Moon: Yeah, Day 2 coming soon..So got ur free seat from AA again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eugene: Really, thanks ya *Blush*. Ya more photos coming in

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I see, you were off for a free and easy tour... I didn't see any tour guide around! That should be fun if any of you really know Taipei!^-^

    Have a nice day!
    sigh~! Fail to get your post update on my bloglist, this always happen to Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alice: We all never been to Taipei, but we explore tru Internet. Read some blogger who went there and we gather info. Hub's fren is Taiwanese, but my hubby just get info from him, n never ask him to our tour guide. We go on our own, travel on our own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many people! So shiok..eat eat and eat..haha. Those street food really looks yummy.

    P/S: Pls click on the link for the details of the Lace Body Hugging Dress and Long Sleeves Cardigan. Both also sold out already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mummy Gwen: our of stock..but the cardigan really looks good on u!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love Taiwanese food. All so delicious even a bit different from our taste here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mNhL: ya,their food is slightly tasteless. Not so sweet, not so salty n even I didn't felt thirsty too. I think their cooking ingredient totally diff from us. Will show u up in coming post about food again! I rated high lor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts