#005 - SPAGHETTI SAVES SUNDAY
On last Sunday, I need to attend the photography contest prize giving ceremony from Taiping New Club at 11.30am. That 11.30am really makes me feel bad not to join my family for brunch and Sunday is always my family day to hang around with them. Won a Consolation Prize of RM120 cash money

Then, I plan to cook for them a simple meal - settled and feed my hubby and the kids tummy before I went off to the club. At least no one is waiting for one another and rushing because on Sunday they always wake up a bit late. I love to cook spaghetti during the weekends. Easy to get ingredients, easy to prepare and is a quick meal for the whole family.

I love to combine fresh tomatoes with spaghetti sauce in order to have a better taste. This time, I forgot to check the fridge and there was no Prego sauce left. So I use more fresh tomatoes combine with tomato sauce. Herbs and Parmesan cheese are the two must have ingredients for pasta dishes.

Spaghetti is always the easiest meal to prepare for the family.

Other ingredients like chicken, sausage, bacon and ham is up to your preference. Once you mastered the sauce or gravy, anything that goes in will definitely taste good!

A plate of my sinful meal on lazy Sunday.

I'm pretty happy to serve them well before I went off. The prize giving ceremony just took me about 1hour then I'll be home with the kids.

Congrats on winning the Consolation Prize...
ReplyDeletehmmm I wonder why you went to the Club alone for the prize giving ceremony and not with your hubby and kids?? everyone wakes up slightly early, have breakfast and then head to the Club, and then have lunch together.. then you are all together as a family!! :)
ReplyDeleteKesian hor... not supportive enough
DeleteNvm hubby need more rest let him sleep longer.
Deleteso nice you have got RM120 cash as the prize, what about that mini camera next to the envelope?? part of the prize too?? you just went there alone quietly and there was no one to cheer for you!! how could you?? at least bring Calvin and Hebe so they can make some noise there, haha!! xD
ReplyDeleteI bring Hebe. Hubby and my son busy finishing Lego in the house..
DeleteThat is small camera is a keychain
DeleteI like pasta especially the tomato sauce base, not that jelak as the cream base lah.. so you have got lots of liu in there I can see.. I sometimes cook pasta in office for lunch, but of course simple one as long as it saves time and can fill up my stomach.. your spaghetti looks so delicious and I am sure your hubby and two kids love it very much.. I think they sapu the extras in the pan also?? hehe~~
ReplyDeleteThe pan one left for the maid and FIL. I cooked their portion too.
DeleteCongrats!! Ooooo...my girl would love that. She loves pasta, western style.
ReplyDeletewah lok like restaurant cooked punya leh. ada gaya and sure ada rasa
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You are so caring to provide good, tasty food for your family so early in the morning before you went for the award ceremony.
ReplyDeleteLovely meal. I always whip up easy meal on weekend. No worry. CNY is coming soon and you can relax and spend times with your loved one.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your winning! Next time you will win Grand Prize for best spaghetti meals. You are so clever to find substitutes to make them taste greater. I seldom use Prego but make my sauce from scratch using McCormick bolognaise herbs mixed with tomato paste and purée with lots of fresh tomatoes and canned mushrooms, I learnt this from my Italian housemates in U.S. So much hassle la, I better buy Prego and modify.
ReplyDeleteAgree, spaghetti is always the easier to prepare and cook, your spaghetti looks so delicious
ReplyDelete