#020: My Bowl of Ramen Noodle!

Previously, I cooked Udon noodles with clear Dashi stock and this time I would like to try to cook pork base soup noodles. I'm not good in baking and cooking. But I'm keen enough to search and compare against few recipes in order to get the taste that suits our liking.
1. The Pork Base Clear Soup: I have 400gm pork belly, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 stalk of spring onions and about 4liter of water. Bring to a boil for 1hour and reduce the heat and simmer for another 30mins. Salt and pepper to taste. When it is done, transfer the pork belly out and drain the soup in another pot.
2. The Homemade Char Siew (Yakibutaniku): Place the cooked pork belly in a frying pan. Add in 1 scoop of the pre-boiled soup using the soup ladle, some brown sugar, Mirin, Japanese soy sauce and some dark soy sauce (my FIL likes the darker color of the Char Siew). Cook until the sauce is thickening approximately about 20minutes. Did you notice that it does not required any oil to fry it, isn't it healthier? I want it to have a crispy outer layer, therefore I transfer it to a toaster to fasten the process and toast for about 15mins. The meat is still tender and juicy - no worry.
3. Miso Paste Vegetables: Ginger, shallots, garlic, some chop bacon, shredded cabbage, beansprout, grinded sesame, miso paste, salt and pepper and sesame oil for stir fry. I'm preparing the ingredient for 6 persons portions. Those who likes spicy can add in Korean chili paste with it. Stir fry as normal and set aside.
4. Get the Ramen ready and it's time to assemble all the things together in a bowl.
5. Don't forget about the Japanese Ramen Eggs I've prepared earlier.
6. Other Side Ingredients: I have spring onions, corn kernels and Kompu or either roasted seaweeds (You can have any side dishes according to your preference).
7. Assembling:
~Grab a big bowl
~Place the ramen
~Place the Miso Vegetables on the ramen at one side
~Pour in the hot Pork Clear Soup (Preheat the soup if is not hot enough)
~Place the Char Siew at a side
~Then corn kernels and Kompu or roasted seaweeds
~Garnish with some spring onions.
~Lastly, place the egg
8. Let's Eat!
9. Really a comfort meal for everyone at home - しあわせね!



Comments

  1. No good you, tempt me at this time. I am hungry since 10 am. Regret for checking up your site at this time. Your bowl of ramen looks incredibly delicious. By just looking at it, I will rate it 9.5/10. Great attempt, Angeline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan it seems lots of ingredients. But it really taste good.

      Delete
  2. Angeline, your bowl of ramen looks fantastic! Some more with the soft-centre egg, I very like! Hungry liao....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phong Hong. I will cook this again definitely!

      Delete
  3. Wish i could try out the bowl of ramen, looks so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean you cooked that yourself? Awesome! Can give many Japanese restaurants a fight. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so this is the ramen being featured on your blog header!! it must be very delicious and you love it so much that you want to put that on the header, hehehe.. interesting post, i have never thought of cooking ramen for myself at all.. the thought is just to go somewhere nice and have a good bowl, but then cannot be often also because that would be at least RM25 for a bowl of good one here.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK. If cook at home,I can actually cook for 6 portions and even more satisfying eating at home and put what kind of ingredients we like.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. どうもありがとうございます

      Delete
  7. Though I am not a fan of Ramen, but your bowl of Ramen looks so good with so much ingredients, slurps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is the real deal! You are so clever to know how to cook this. No need to spend a lot of money to eat ramen at places like Ippudo, and etc now. *Thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learn from Youtube... Yes I bought the pork,corn kernels,beansprouts and eggs only. Most of the things I have at home.

      Delete
  9. Who say you are not good in cooking and baking!! That is an understatement.

    Nice ramen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ but sometimes when I try to cook something, it doesn't turn out well too.

      Delete
  10. Wow! This looks delicious! I'll love to be able to eat your ramen someday. :D

    I had something similar in Hokkaido too, they put butter and corn into their ramen which I didn't like at first but got to learn to love it. It's something you have to eat more to enjoy, the first time I had it I thought it was a weird combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GB you doesn't like corn too? My le hubby hates to corns in the soup, pasta and this bowl of ramen too. He just like to eats corn on the corb.

      Delete
    2. HAHA...SORRY TYPO ERROR - IS HB by the way

      Delete
  11. wow, yummy..
    hope to taste your bowl of ramen one day..hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem just tell me when you're visiting your mom.

      Delete
  12. Wow..that is a lot of hard work especially for the preparation.

    I know by the time the end product is served on the table, it is all worth it. Slowly indulge the bowl of delicious noodles.

    I had ramen twice in Hokkaido and the weirdest combo is with butter. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap butter, It was my first time heard of it from HB js now.

      Delete
  13. You are such a excellent chef who always presented all your cakes and food so pretty & nice. I thought this ramen is from a menu but it is your own speciality! Yums! I love everything inside there including the corns. I remember in Fukuoka, the Hakata Ramen also added little corns. It enhanced the taste with more chewy ingredients. I love your egg! I can put 3-4 eggs inside to eat too. Your family must be happy always to enjoy your cooking.

    Will you open a stall in Taiping soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM, everyone is a chef of their own family. No need to open stall lar.. I would be more happier this way.

      Delete
    2. Nooo I am no chef! I only eat and eat.

      Delete
    3. But your Mrs is a good Salad Chef

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts