#016 - Best birthday gift ever

Story behind my last year birthday...

"Last year around the same time like now my mum was admitted to ICU. My mum diagnosed with colon cancer and liver metastasis. Everything come so quickly and sudden, operation was arranged immediately too. It was a tremendous fear for our family and especially my mum. All this while she thought she got hemorrhoids. That's why I was away from my blogosphere for a while. My mum was in the hospital for a month plus. I try my very best to consult her (almost everyday), prepared her the best diet and nutritious food she needed the most during the critical stage. After that, my mum also did the colostomy for temporary bypass from the large intestine. While I was searching for temporary maid to take care my mum, I become her full time nurse. I learn how to change and clean her stoma bag 2-3days time. Life has to go on and now everything is almost to settle down. Since the first day, we knew her case, I do a lot of reading from the Internet how to prepare for a cancer patient to get ready before and after chemo session. Mum also completed her full set of chemotherapy (ended in Jan'17) and thank GOD, she gets a positive feedback from her latest scan result just last week. This is my best birthday gift ever. So from now on, she still needs to be well taken care off. During the most crucial time, I told my mum that don't let me fighting alone. She herself must keep a positive mind and together we fight back and overcome the cancer. Gradually, that was how I connected with essential oils. It was a miracle for her after using them. On how and what kind of protocol of using DoTerra essential oil with cancer patients, I will discussed in separate post."

So let's come back to my birthday this year. I was totally busy and never thought planning a lunch as I still have two April birthday babies to celebrate with me in the office. Indeed, my colleagues plan ahead without my notice.
Sorry for the blurry photo and my messy hair...hahaha.
Simple but fruity birthday cake for us
Simply delicious lunch ordered from our canteen.
Thank you all again. Love all of you.

Comments

  1. I can totally relate to your story. My dad went through something similar 15 years ago and my family is blessed that he is still with us today. You have been through a lot and you took such good care of your mum. You are a good daughter, Angeline. I am happy to learn that your mum recovered and is doing well. I hope that she regains good health and has many more healthy years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Happy Birthday :) Looks like a nice celebration at the office.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your wishes. I think every family's daughter will do the same thing like I did too. Yeah thanks for the best wishes to my mom.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! What lovely colleagues you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My late grandfather has colon cancer, but due to his age, operation was not advisable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard many of these kinda of cases too.

      Delete
  4. Your colleagues were very thoughtful, organising the party and food. Happy birthday to you, Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! May you and your mother stay positive in mind and in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Angeline, the birthday lunch looks delicious

    You are a filial daughter and you did your best for your mother, cancer is a terrible illness, glad that your mother has recovered and hope that she has many more good and healthy years to come

    Yes indeed your mother's recovery and good health is the best birthday present ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, she is recovering the best is she is happy that she does not have to undergo a surgery again.

      Delete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday to you! You looked so smart even in uniform. I like to have such office birthday gatherings which could be a good way to foster better rapport.

    You are such a good daughter to care for your mum. I can understand your worries as you love your mother very much. You are so smart and wise to use the essential oils which is a better way to heal one's sickness.

    My late mother was bed ridden and dying of cancer when I increased the daily usage of essential oils. She felt very good and happier as she was too weak with no appetite for food. That was all it matters that my mother felt better inside and the hefty costs spent was not important anymore. I also benefited for touching so many types of oils through my fingers. I didn't fall sick for 2-3 years, not even flu, cough or fever. I look forward to read your separate post on the benefits of essential oils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TM, thank you for your compliment ya.

      Throughout the time when I have difficult time, these bunch of colleagues are like part of my family. There a few of them even get nice fruits for my mum once a while.

      Not smart hahaha, I would say I have faith with essential oils.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts