Crispy Fish Fillet

Grab one pack of frozen Dori fish fillet from Giant.
Defrost and cut in chunks. Seasoned with with salt and set aside.
Batter (my own recipe):
Super fine flour, just a pinch of baking powder (too much of baking powder will make the batter bitter) and one egg. Mix the batter well with cold water. If you are not going to cook yet, you can always get ready the batter earlier and place it inside the fridge first. Tips: I noticed Tempura batter also the same, place inside the fridge to chill or mix with cold water. Guess it makes the crispy crust.

Heat up the wok. Dip the Dori fillet in the batter and deep fry. Fry for a few minutes and wait till it turns golden brown color. Remove from wok and place on paper towels to soak the excess oil. I tasted one, it was crispy outside and the fish is cook (that is the most important thing *_^). Next time can make fish and chips!
 Next, clean up the kitchen and get ready with plates setting. All of us enjoyed the comfort food at home on last Sunday!
My combo set of Crispy Fish Fillet with a slice of lemon, Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes (2nd attempt making it) and scramble eggs. How come got scramble egg? My son lar....he loves it. So fried some for him and for us as well. He enjoyed his platter and I'm happy he loves my food. He finished his plate! Next, he is pestering me for sushi making (After he flip through my sushi recipe book). Must get ready the ingredients for this weekend activity. "Haiyo Calvin, mummy here know how to make simple food only..."

p/s: Practise makes perfect!

Comments

  1. next time you can put beer into your batter, will be crispier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mummy-J: Ya I know, I was about to do it...but is it ok for my son? I'm really not sure about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You say those are simple food? This is a complete meal! You are good, Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your combo set make me so hungry. Drooling. you are so great, especially you are expecting number 2 now. Really salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have been hesistating whether to buy the frozen Dori...by looking at ur pic, i will try to get one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So yummy! You are such a good cook. I'm drooling at everything on the plate! Chloe is just like Cavin.. can never get bored of eggs :)

    -Chloeruoyi-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Angeline!

    Why are you doing this to me?!!!! You are making me drool!! I love fish and chips too!!!

    Btw, thank you for dropping by to read my 2nd supernatural childbirth post. Oh please please do try for natural first! The feeling (although painful) is really amazing! And the healing process is much more faster and easier compared to c-sect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, yumz... they look presentable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You r good and your cooking look like from a restaurant, making me drool. Can you deliver to my home? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you just made this sound so easy to do! Inspiration for one of my meals next week! Thanks for the tip about using cold water to make the batter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAH!!!! If i do this for my hubs and my anak, they'll definitely LOVE me more! haha.. thanx for sharing. will gear up to try all of this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so good! I never tried those frozen dory b4, but now I think I'll buy and try your recipe. Thx for sharing!

    btw, you are really "keng". 3rd trimester also can cook such yummy and complete meals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your set meal is like from the restaurant! My kids will love the fried fish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wah... you can cook so well ah... your hubs and Calvin are so lucky. even i'm drooling here :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice crispy fish fillet, and make me hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your big and small guys are so lucky! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts