Ebi (Prawn) Fried with Bread Crumbs

I used Nona All purpose Seasoning Flour & Nona Golden Bread Crumbs. A last minute grab from the sundry store near my house. Defrozed some tiger prawns from the freezer which I have. Seasoned the prawns with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
The experiment begins:
Do you guys ever figure it out how the Japanese restaurant or even Sushi King can fried the Ebi long and straight? Usually, our normal frying prawn will curled up rite? Thanks for AFC (Astro 703) for showing the steps on how to fry Ebi either way with bread crumbs or tempura style. I saw the program quite long ago...but never tested it, until now.
As usual peel off the prawn shell and remained the tail. Turn over to the prawn stomach, and you will see one white line as shown above. (Note: Bigger prawn, you will see it much clearer).
Just make a few slightly cuts or incision along the white line. Maybe 3-4, depends how big is your prawn size.
 See the difference?
 Pour out the flour and bread crumbs and one beaten egg for coating.
Method:
1. Dip the prawn with beaten egg, then coat with Nona All Purpose Seasoning Flour.
2. Dip with beaten egg again.
3. Coat with Nona Golden Bread Crumbs.
4. Continue until you finished coating all the prawns.
5. Heat up the wok with cooking oil and ready for deep frying.
6. Deep fry till golden brown.
 Tadda the result...Some was straight and some was slightly curl up, maybe I didn't cut too deep.
Ok lar...80% straight.

Next, I will continue to blog about sushi making, stay tune ya.

Comments

  1. Hey Angeline!
    Oh please, please do consider natural birth if you can! Btw, doctor around or not doesn't matter, he or she is not the one doing the pushing and birthing. My gynae was also not around when I gave birth! Too many C-sects not good leh... especially if you plan to have more kids!

    Btw, I prefer the tempura more but still you did a really good job la! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for ur concern ya. I'm not gonna have more kids.2 is enough for me. Hub and I already discussed and decided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can see that you've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Your prawns are fried to golden perfection. Looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CholeRuoyi: Ya, just recently dunno why...having new ideas over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks really good, straight or not doesn't matter, as long as it tastes good! Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...the prawns look so nice. Deep fried stuffs are my all time fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, I should give it a try! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... thanks for the tips on how to fry a 'straight' prawn. Really useful! Can't wait to try it out~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly looked yummy. You are a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies, is very easy..I'm not a very good cook actually, copy cat lar me...I follow how people do mar...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. waaaahhh...you are making me so hungry right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those ebi-furai sure look tempting.

    That reminds me - it' been ages since I last attempt to cook anything remotely Japanese. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts