Fresh Coleslaw at Home

What am I trying to do here....
First was Mashed Potato and now what? Yup, is the coleslaw. Easy bitsy one.
You may need:
Mayonnaise
1 carrot, 1 medium size cabbage & 1 Japanese cucumber (optional)

Method:
Firstly, wash the carrot and cabbage a few times. Carrot and cabbage finely chop or shredded as your preference. I also chopped in the Japanese cucumber as well. This is to add the crunchiness bite. Just put everything inside a big bowl. Mix it well with a few scoops of mayonnaise. (Note: Do not put in too much mayo, because while you were mixing, it may turn out to be too watery later). Add also a pinch of salt and sugar to taste. Gradually mix and stir until it is all covered up with mayonnaise.

Once it mixed well, chill inside the fridge for a few hours before serving. Again look alike KFC coleslaw...LoL. My son love coleslaw very much. This is a good sign that he loves vege. I filled in the small cup just like KFC, so he can grab from the fridge anytime.

p/s: I heard that coleslaw can cure mild soar throat. Can give it a try geh.

Comments

  1. Another good attempt. I love this also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and easy!
    I love to eat coleslaw with chili sauce, yumz~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooo.... simple n delish! MUST do this for ethan! we love coleslaw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd just completed the KFC side order :) I love to try both out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yan & Yvonne: Omit the salt and sugar. Replace with some lemon juice oso taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. give me a few buns and i can happily finish this for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's easy..will try that some time..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Angeline. Looks like the KFC coleslaw. Your mashed potatoes too in the earlier post - like the real thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok,ok,I will do this one this week, cos I have been thinking of this too,cos I want to do it like in the morning before i go to work,put it in the fridge,served for dinner,boys can eat vegi,,how nice,kan?

    hey have a great weekend ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hubby loves coleslaw but I prefer mashed potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really feel happy with all ur compliments...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts