Hebe & I
About mummy
I was discharged on the 3rd day. Doctor said I’m fine and I’m ready to go back home. Argh…finally and I can rest at home comfortably. Some of you may ask how my wound is. I can tell you, the more you lie down the more pain you are. I tried to wake up myself on the 2nd night, after 24 hours of resting. Quite pain and I take a deep breath and slowly turn to one side, curled up my knees and slowly put one leg down the floor. Slowly wake up with the help of my elbow and sit up straight. Phew, I can still feel the pain. Rest a few minutes and let the pain goes off. Slowly stand up straight and walk slowly around my bed. The more frequent you move around, the wound won’t be that tight and pain. On the 5th day, I can eventually walk around the house easily and enjoy the rest of my confinement days.
About Hebe
On the 6th day, the General Hospital’s nurse came to my house and checked both mummy and baby. According to the nurse, there are too many babies having Jaundice cases, so the government has set this new rule since last year to visit every new born baby. The nurse suspects that my girl is yellowish and advice to go for blood test. The next day, I went to Columbia for Dr Fabian practitioner. Hebe went for blood test and about 15mins, I got the result. Hebe’s bilirubin level ratio was quite high and Dr Fabian asked to let Hebe to admit and go for the phototherapy. Poor Hebe, she needs to stay one night at Columbia. The next day, Hebe was discharged. Everybody miss her when she is not around the house. The confinement lady also felt the same too. I was busy pumping BM that single night and keep in the fridge so Hebe can have the nutrients and the more feeding of BM or FM, the bilirubin will pass down from their stools. Today Hebe went for check up again, another blood test is done. Hebe bilirubin is under control but doctor said we got to monitor her for another 1 more week time. After all, Hebe is active, her weight is gaining and everything seems fine to her.
The Bonding
When I was discharged, that night I started to let Hebe latched on my breast to suck. Of course a few times, she is struggling and crying for milk. Then, my breast was sore and engorgement too. But everything goes smoothly on the 5th day (Guess my milk production was slow). Although, I only have the first 3oz of BM for Hebe, but we both have a good start. Gradually, I gain my confident thru breastfeeding, from 3oz to about 16oz a day. Hopefully, I can breastfeed her as much as I can. Most of the time, I pump and stored inside the fridge. Not much, but still enough to fulfil Hebe’s half day nutrients.

Dear, nothing beats BM which is the best! If you can, let her suckle the production will increase more and also that will encourage bonding. Glad the hospital nurse came to the house to check, that is good service hor?
ReplyDeleteWow, I am impressed with the hospital service. My mum said if you drink more semi ripe papaya soup, it will help increase breast milk.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything is going on smoothly. :)
ReplyDeleteIrene- yes, they are coming again to visit us after 20th days.
ReplyDeleteQuay Po- I heard of that too...
ReplyDeleteMummy Gwen- yes, I'm glad too...
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your little princess! Take care and rest well! Don't worry about the breastfeeding, the supply will come when the demand is high! :)
Message me if you need any advice or help ya! :)
Jenny thanks, you are great!
ReplyDeleteJaundice are pretty common among new babies nowadays. Dont worry, as long not too yellow, baby would be doing fine. Good on you to breastfeeding. Keep it up. And you can slim faster too.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if this is ur second time C-sec? As for me, I felt very pain compared to the first C-sec. Probably the wound is deeper. Anyway, get well rest ya.
ReplyDeleteRose thanks for ur concern.
ReplyDeleteLing, yup this was my second time.. I can still feel slightly pain on both side. But I still can than the pain...
ReplyDeleteI think you and baby are alright now! Take care and see you soon~
ReplyDeleteBM is the best for babies. You take care, too~
ReplyDeleteHey, more pics of Hebe pls!! She's such a darling..
i guess by now the jaundice should be gone already..a lot of newborns have this nowadays but under supervision, should be alright within a week. Drink more soups, more liquid stuff.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to know that you have successfully breastfed your girl. Gambateh, fren, I am sure you can. Way to go.
ReplyDeleteGanbatte on breastfeed! All the best!
ReplyDelete