Her name is Jenny
She is a person that put on the effort to take care of pregnant women after giving birth and their baby during this taking care month. She understands and solves those upsetting problems that pregnant women will faces by giving them a recovering postpartum care throughout the confinement month. The better postpartum care the less illness and pain. There are many confinement ladies out there, but each of them has their own ways of dealing with postpartum care. During the month, I just tell myself I need to rest more and leave it to her. I’m not a typical person to deal with. As long as she can take good care of my baby, everything is fine with me. If you ask me to compare my previous confinement lady with the present ones, I should say this present ones is much better in handling my baby needs and my needs too.
Who is she?
She is not the old fashioned confinement lady. I used to call her aunty and my MIL called her Chinese name. I never knew her English name is Jenny until my Calvin boy asks her. And she loves Calvin called her Aunty Jenny. She can speak reasonable English too. She used to work as a house-keeper at Four Season Hotel, Singapore before becoming a confinement lady (She follows her mother’s foot step). Most of the time, she works as a confinement lady at Singapore and she told me just recently her business was at Taiping (Is her hometown too). Last year, she was hired to Australia for 2 months. After taking care of me, she will be going to Sabah meeting another new baby.
How she handles Hebe?
She loves and cares for Hebe. She called her darling all the time. She is soft and patient with her too. Do you know baby do not have to drink water after he or she reaches 6mtnhs? What about you? Do you know this? She told me every baby she takes care of, never drink water and only milk feeding. At first, I don’t trust her and silently, look up at Google. Well, this is something new I learnt from her. She taught me how to flatten baby’s belly button. When Hebe is breast feed, Hebe will have more poo than feeding formula milk. Aunty wakes up every middle of the night to feed and clean Hebe’s poo. Aunty never complains and she still encouraged me to breast feed. She even showed me how to massage Hebe. What I like about her? ~ She always put a smile on her face, no wonder my Calvin boy likes to chit chat with her.
What’s her cooking?
Most of you wanted to know what she cooks for me every day right. So far, I’m enjoying her cooking and looking forward what she will cook for me every single meals. LoL. She never used MSG and salt in her confinement cooking. She will use Chinese wine, sesame oil, soya sauce and black vinegar to make the food tasty. Who said during confinement, we are not allowed to eat vegetables and fruits. With her, I enjoy eating green vegetables like ladies finger, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, Choy sum far, French beans, capsicums and also corns. Fruits? Only red apples after 12th days of confinement. Will post about her cooking very soon.
Aunty Jenny prepare luke warm water with a few slices of ginger for me every morning and evening.
Everytime beside my bed - A mug of dates tea (wolfberries, longan, red and black dates and ginger), "So Hup" pills to relief stomach upset and improve eppetite and my multi vitamin given by the doctor.
Loves lot of crispy fried shredded ginger on my rice.
2 dishes + 1 soup. Everytime, I feel very full and never request for tea time anymore. Some of the times, she will prepared red bean soup for me. Or sometimes, I request for only a hot cup of milo or milk. Dinner, aunty Jenny prepared another 2 different dishes with the same soup I have in the afternoon.
Tonic soup (double boiled chicken with
Yomeishu Dome) every 9.30pm as my supper (This will only prepared after the 12th days)
p/s: today is such a nice date. 11.11.11. Wish you all have a nice weekend!

I've heard so many confinement lady horror stories. You are really, really blessed to find such a good one! The food she prepared looks really good. Enjoy your confinement while you still have a helper. It's going to end soon, right?
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed to have a good confinement lady....
ReplyDeleteSounds good.
ReplyDeleteGive me her contact number so that I can book her during my confinement period in the future ^^
Confinement ladies nowadays are so commercialize. Some don't really pour their hearts and efforts. This is frustrating and uncomfortable for the mothers.
ReplyDeleteGlad that Aunt Jenny is good in taking care of you.
Glad to know you have a good confinement lady to take care of you and baby. Enjoy your confinement dear.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you have a professional and kind lady taking care of you and your baby! You are truly blessed!
ReplyDeleteYup, no water needed for young baby as long as she is taking BM/FM sufficiently (monitor by her urine output).
I don't even do confinement. So I ate almost all types of veg and fruits during the "confinement" month, except those prohibited by my mum (she read up books to know which vegs/fruits can/cannot be eaten :-)
Take good care and enjoy your special time with Hebe!
Phewww.... for one second there I thought it was me! Perasan! *slap forehead* :P
ReplyDeleteAnyway, good for you to be able to find such a reliable and knowledgeable CL!
And yes, breastfeeding babies do not need to have any water when they are exclusively breastfed. My first kid only have a few sips of water in the first 6 months (I had to relent after a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg nagging from MIL who is so worried that my boy is going to be dehydrated during the super hot weather season that time)
So far, my 2 months old has yet to taste water hahaha.. don't worry, breastmilk contains a LOT of water! So good that your CL knows about this!
Btw, what is the tip to flatten baby's belly button?
Oh, and thanks for dropping by and sharing your feedback on my post about "What is Your Child's Naptime Rules?" :D
Glad to know that you have a good confinement lady :)
ReplyDeleteu r soooooooooo lucky to get a great confinement lady. others usually get a monster!!
ReplyDeletesounds like she's a 'popular' confinement lady! i guess you must have learnt a lot from her too. nope, i didnt know that babies need not drink water..suprises me!
ReplyDeletewow, thats good to have a great confinement lady :)
ReplyDeleteYou're really lucky! Most stories I hear about confinement ladies are horror stories.
ReplyDeleteThe food she prepares look healthy and yummy.
I gave 2 thumbs up to your CF lady. Her food make me drooling.
ReplyDeleteJenny sounds like the perfect confinement lady. She has such extensive overseas experience too! Good that not only does she handle baby well, she takes good care of you and cooks so well too! She is godsend.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I love your confinement lady! She even knw exclusive breast feed, * hat off!
ReplyDeleteIf I staying close by, sure I get her # frm u! No no, not for myself, for my sister mar!
Hey, Calvin is such a gentleman, he asked her name on your behalf, sweet boy!
Hi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that u have found a good CL. My first CL also from Taiping :) Do u mind to give me Aunty Jenny's contact for my future use? Btw, im from Taiping too :) now residing in KL
Winnie, hi nice to meet you here. This is her phone number: 012-9278366.U can talk to her in Hokkien, Cantonese or English. Thanks for visiting my site. Stay tune for more confinement food from her yeah. Taking care of baby, she is alright...I'm not saying she is the best for me... cos we have our own way of taking care our own baby. *_^
ReplyDeleteAlice, her number is 012-9278366.
ReplyDelete