Hearty Swiss Roll
Hearty Chocolate Swiss Roll with Almond Flakes
Recipe (Modified)
Egg Yolk Batter
6egg yolks
20gm sugar
60gm fresh milk
45gm corn oil
15gm corn flour
60gm cake flour + 40gm cocoa powder (Original 100gm cake flour only)
Egg White Batter:
6 egg whites
70gm sugar
Hearty Love Ingredients:
(Originally making little strawberries)
20egg whites
10gm sugar
A few drops of red coloring
Fillings:
Some whipped cream
Toasted almond flakes
Some chocolate rice
Method of baking steps please refer over HERE. I've been considering this recipe for quite sometime. Even saw a few times tutorial from a sharing site HERE. When things you look easy, actually is not easy. That is why only now I have the guts to try this recipe. Furthermore, trying to do something on this special on our 6th anniversary.
Special about this swiss roll is the little pink hearty. If we are creative, we can actually design according to our preference.
We have to bake the little pink hearty first about 1 minute and bring it out from the oven and pour in the cocoa batter.
The result looks fab-tastic. But my swiss roll doesn't look that pretty. A lot of steps and tips to follow. I felt so exhausted on that Valentine's Eve.
I realised swiss roll doesn't have to bake too long. While waiting for the chiffon cake to set, I prepared the filling ingredient. Toast the almond flakes under low heat.
My kitchen was so messy, when I spread too much of whipping cream and it overflow at the end of the rolling the swiss roll process. Rolling the swiss roll is not easy as it seems to be. Phew! massive cleaning in the kitchen when everything is done. Used up about 3 hours and plus from preparation, measuring till the end. Thanks to my son who gave me a helping hand with the bowls and spoon that I need to use.

The next morning wake up a bit early to cut the chocolate swiss roll. I prepared 2 nicely slices with little heart for him. I didn't prepare for him that much cos I know he'll be having breakfast later on. I just made one log, left a few pieces for Calvin and it was still enough to share with a few of my colleagues. This is my first attempt, so try to get some opinion from them. I still have flour, should be no problem making it the second time. Hope this time is much better. My colleagues said they don't mind being my guinea pig.







Wah heart shape pattern swiss roll, you are really good in baking. My friend always having headache to roll it nicely, dun talk about adding shape & patter or filling too kkk.
ReplyDeleteThanks to drop over my site, nice to meet you.
Hi Vick, I also faced the same problem. Rolling it is not easy.
DeleteAngeline, I find it nice. Very nice. Your first attempt is considered very successful.
ReplyDeleteYan, I find the cake is a bit hard...so I can't roll it nicely.
DeleteYes, I don't mind being your guinea pig. The hearty swiss roll is yummy!
ReplyDeleteYvonne, no worry I won't forget you.
DeleteHappy Belated Valentine's Day to you & our loved ones, Angeline. What a fabulous baked. The roll looks absolutely mouthwatering. Hope you're having a lovely evening.
ReplyDeleteKristy
Thanks again Kristy. Nothing is more fabulous than my hubby said the swiss roll is nice.
DeleteVery nice cake! Wish I can try it, hehe
ReplyDeleteMoon, i'll try it another time...if successful, I'll write the word "Moon" and send it over to ur doorstep.
DeleteWah, heart shape for valentine....
ReplyDeleteYeah
DeleteWahhhh....Angeline u r so good in baking. I cant even bake a swiss roll.
ReplyDeleteNot really lar...I am still learning
DeleteI love swissrolls and never knew that it's so tedious to make. I thought it's just flat cake rolled up with cream only ma :p Anyway, great effort you put in and the final product looks very nice! Very special :)
ReplyDeleteI can't even bake a perfect swiss rolls let alone a fancy one with hearts. BRAVO!
ReplyDeleteI just try my best too. There are still lots of room to improve.
DeleteHave a great weekend ya
ReplyDeleteThanks bro!
Deletegood work! tell you, i've tried making designs on my swiss roll but the designs turned out ugly!
ReplyDeleteIt was my first trial, hope i will make it better.
DeleteThis is so sweet! Love this idea to make a Valentine's Swiss roll! I will bookmark this idea.
ReplyDeleteZoe, it is very interesting. You can design whatever you like.
DeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. Your swiss roll look so cute!
ReplyDeletethanks Sonia.
ReplyDeleteI have only made swiss roll once and really not easy to roll up la.
ReplyDelete