HTC May Challenge: Chocolate Fudge
May challenge is to make any kind of fudge which is hosted by Rena from Have The Cake. I would love to try to make some fudge ended I decided to join with the rest of the bakers from around the world. Basically, all fudge recipes are almost similar to each other. It only depends what side ingredients we wanted to put in or anything we preferred personally. I've referred quite a few site regards fudge and here I have my own recipe after try and error. Eh hem...this is my second time (My first trial failed) making and it is a success to me.
1 can of condensed milk2 cups of semi chocolate chips (Hershey's)1 cup of dark chocolate - chopped1/2 cup of hazelnuts - toasted1 cup of rice bubbles5 pcs of Quacker oats biscuits
Utensils you may need a wooden spatula and of course wrap a baking tray with an aluminium foil which is slightly wider sheet so you can cover the hot fudge and easy for storage later on.
Method:
1. Bring a can of condensed milk to a boil with medium heat. Stir gradually so the base will not easily get burnt.
2. When the condensed milk start bubbling, immediately remove from the stove.
3. Pour in the semi sweet chocolates chips and also the dark chocolate which I have cut into small equally size in order to melt evenly.
4. Then keep stirring with a wooden spatula until the fudge become smooth, creamy and slightly thicken. Do not over stir. Please refer HERE for better fudge results.
5. Add in the rest of the ingredients; nuts, rice bubbles and chunks oat cookies and mix it well.
6. Spread the hot fudge evenly on a square baking tin which has been line with aluminium foil. Cover and fold the aluminium foil from the side and slightly press the fudge. So it covered all the side areas of the baking pan.
7. Bang the pan 1-2 times to get rid of air bubbles and leave to cool down at room temperature before putting in the fridge.
8. Let the fudge cool in the fridge for 30mins or 1 hour before cutting. Do not keep it for more than 1 hour, or else the fudge will be harden and it is hard to cut.
9. After cutting, you can always keep it dry and air-tight containers or it can keep for a longer period in the fridge.
It is good to choose the good quality of chocolate chips/bars. A good one usually have more radiant, glow, shining texture and smells great too. I'm very particular with chocolates because I love chocolates. I even drizzled some melted white chocolate on top the fudge for fun. LoL, my last minute addition.
The good things about fudge is no mess and no baking is needed. Since I'm waiting for my fudge to set inside the fridge. I have the idea of wrapping up all my fudge pieces using baking paper.
Tadda, here you are my fudge in wrappers.
It even looks prettier with ribbons. Don't they?
It reminds me of Christmas sweet treats. I don't mind if Christmas comes early this year. Enjoy!
Right here I'm submitting my chocolate fudge to Have The Cake May Challenge - Fudge
Right here I'm submitting my chocolate fudge to Have The Cake May Challenge - Fudge

so nice!! may i know where you can find condensed milk? i heard we can no longer get them?
ReplyDeletebarb talking about condensed milk, I find a few times at Tesco, but no stock. ended I found it at Giant. Can always get teapot brand, marigold and F&N. now they have lots of variety...some is healthier which is lesser sweetness and also with vitamin. If you would like to do fudge, it is better to the normal one which is thicker and creamier too.
DeleteOoooo...they certainly look good.
ReplyDeleteIn response to the above question, Made in Singapore condensed milk is available here. Can't remember the brand now... Or from overseas:
http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/no-milk-today/
But my suspicion is that condensed milk is a controlled item - cannot raise the price...so the milk companies have renamed their product sweeteners but they're more or less the same thing.
Of course, they're nothing like the condensed milk we had in the past...but then what is? Milo was nicer before, Bovril too...and Brands' Essence of Chicken...everything! They all used to be much better than those we can get now.
Agreed totally different from our previous one. I remembered last time the sweeten condensed milk is much more fragrant and tastier too.
DeleteLovely fudge Angeline and looks so fancy with that red bow :D.
ReplyDeleteAnuja thanks for your compliments again.
DeleteLooks very rich and sweet! Would love to try this since it doesn't involve any baking :)
ReplyDeleteChloe mummy, I control the sweetness by substitute another cup of dark chocolate. The recipe actually needs 3 cups of semi sweet chocolate. so I made some changes and add more rice bubbles to control the sweetness.
Deletewow so thick and looks so yummy
ReplyDeletehahaha, with that thickness, we can slowly bite and taste it.
DeleteA nice idea for Christmas gift.. Never make this before, sound simple to make, hopefully one day I can make this. Happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteSonia I can only bake and cook simple recipe...your roasted duck very "hao Kung Fu"....
DeleteSo nice of you, somemore wrap the cakes nicely!
ReplyDelete: ) I want my colleagues have it...so I wrap it so they won't dirty their finger while working...easy to take too.
Deleteso long didnt drop by , but today cant resist ler once read the title choc fudge..im also a choc lover..hehehe
ReplyDeleteyou really got 'sam kei' to wrap up ur fudge and makes it so special, i also dont mind if now got people send me xmas treats...kekeke
Sure sure, I got think of sending some over to a few of my closest blogger friends....wait I do another batch, but I worried it will melt when it reach your doorstep.
DeleteLooks good...
ReplyDeletethanks Mery
Deletei've not made fudge before, hopefully can try making one some day. YOur fudge sounds delicious also looks like chunks of chocs to me, certainly looks good! have a happy sunday!
ReplyDeleteIt also my first time trying to make fudge.
DeleteLovely choc fudge. Maybe I can try to make this during the school holiday.
ReplyDeleteIt is simple, try to make some. U can always put what ever you like. Nuts, raisins or any dry fruits. mummy Gwen if u wanna do plse add more ingredients, my friend said my one was a bit tad sweet.
DeleteI love, love your chocolate fudge very much, Angeline! It's so delicious, will try it out during this school holidays for my kids :D
ReplyDeleteInvite your kids to make together...must be fun.
DeleteYour fudge looks wonderful! And looks very pretty packed and tied with pretty ribbons! A beautiful and delicious gift!
ReplyDeleteJoyce I only tied two pieces only...for photos. LoL
DeleteNice! and I like how you package the fudge too!
ReplyDeletebtw, if you see the labels of tins like teapot, marigold etc, they are no longer called "condensed milk". Cos they actually don't contain any milk at all.
Ya, some written sweetened condensed milk or sweeten creamer. So i was a bit blurr too when choosing to get one from Giant.
DeleteWonderful chocolate fudge! Yes, they look very pretty with ribbons! I want one!
ReplyDeleteman, those look good.
ReplyDelete*drool*
Doumo arigatou gozaimasu.
DeleteAngeline, these are definitely killers! haha... Mind FEDex some over? haha... Hope you're going to have a great week ahead.
ReplyDeleteKristy
Kitty: Thanks
ReplyDeleteKristy: Can can...no problem...
Hi Angeline, your chocolate fudge look yummy. Love your cute packing.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day.
Thanks Amelia
DeleteIt not only suitable for Christmas but a good treat to celebrate teacher's day too.
ReplyDeleteNext year in the list
DeleteThey do remind me a lot of Christmas with the red bow and snow flakes in your pictures... but I think that we shouldn't wait till Xmas to enjoy these delicious treats :D
ReplyDeleteYa, any celebration also can.
DeleteI love the way you decorated it. Christmas feel!
ReplyDeleteYou like it too? thanks.
DeleteLovely and tasty. Frankly I am not chocolate person, but you have successfully tempted me to try this out.
ReplyDelete